“Terrible food, costs a fortune!”
Review of Prezzo - CLOSED

Prezzo
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Located on the High Street and only 10 minutes from the rail station. Prezzo Barnstaple has a spacious layout where guests can watch the chefs at work in the open kitchen. Prezzo Barnstaple has a spacious and airy layout with a private dining area to the back of the restaurnt. This area is available for 20-25 guests making this the perfect location for any celebration or function.
Reviewed February 15, 2014

My partner and I were given a voucher for prezzo for Xmas so were excited to try them out. We ordered a takeaway, only to find that the £3 "house fries" portions were smaller than a small McDonald's portion, with the same nasty after taste, and I'm pretty sure margheritas are meant to be cheese and tomato, whereas ours had NO CHEESE on it?! Both our pizzas were thin as paper and crispy as plastic, almost cracked my teeth on it! Will definitely NOT be going back, it cost alot for poor quality food!

Reviewed January 28, 2014

Went here last Thursday lunchtime and took advantage of the "2 meals for one" deal otherwise we wouldn`t have gone.Lovely clean and spacious restaurant with smart and modern decor.I had prosciutto and funghi pizza which was huge and would have served two.My husband had the pasta with salmon and broccoli.Both were hot,delicious and served pretty quickly.Two nice glasses of Shiraz, (large and they were good measures) and two really good cups of cappuccino.The atmosphere is relaxed and cool,waitress was very nice and very efficient.Cost just under £30.If they keep the " 2 for 1" offer going I will be back.Very enjoyable lunch.

Reviewed January 1, 2014

We visited here for New Years Eve with a party of four. The décor is lovely, and has a nice atmosphere. Sadly that is the best part. We arrived and ordered two lager on draught at £4.35 each, which I thought was quite dear but was willing to pay. We were told lager on draught was only in selected Prezzo and not theirs. The only alternative was the same lager in a bottle and a whooping £6.35!!!!!! They justified this by saying the bottle was larger then a pint. Surely if you cannot offer it on draft then you can offer it in a bottle for the same price? RIP OFF!!!! The rude waitress didn't seem to care.
Calamari for starter was covered in greasy batter, so lost all taste. Chicken gorgonzola was cold and slightly pink. The Carbonara with added chicken had 3 pieces of added chicken.
Overall an expensive evening out, with under average food, and not great service. Wont be returning.

Reviewed December 23, 2013 via mobile

Came here for a family lunch just before Christmas. The staff were friendly and attentive and the food was served quickly and was good quality. I feel that it was slightly overpriced for what we received, but we still had a great time and would go back again.

Reviewed December 20, 2013

I came here for a work Christmas meal, there was a group of about 15 of us. Staff were great, i even got to taste the wine I was having before the waitress poured it for me! Very big portions including starters, mains and deserts - we were sharing ours out! But nonetheless very tasty!