“Slow service”

Prezzo
Ranked #88 of 149 Restaurants in Barnstaple
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Located on the High Street and only 10 minutes from the rail station. Prezzo Barnstaple has a spacious layout where guests can watch the chefs at work in the open kitchen. Prezzo Barnstaple has a spacious and airy layout with a private dining area to the back of the restaurnt. This area is available for 20-25 guests making this the perfect location for any celebration or function.
Reviewed October 5, 2012

First time I have ever been to Prezzo. The actual meal was fine, but the service could have been a lot better.
It was overly busy when I got there, but there was only one member of staff working, so everyone had to wait for their drinks...why not put two people on when you open!?!?
As there was only one person working, it took nearly 10 minutes for him to give us our bread and olives.
I would go there again, but maybe at a time when there are more members of staff working!!!

1  Thank londongal69

Reviewed September 11, 2012

Surprisingly big, empty when we arrived but soon filled up. Staff very nice and worked hard to please my 'particular' child. The food is lovely, nice olives, nice bread, nice pasta, nice pizza, nice calzone. Puddings not cheap but appreciated heartily. I would have liked more dairy free choice, but hey ho. Recommended!

Reviewed September 8, 2012

I've been to Prezzo once before, and the food was moderate - normal Italian pasta dishes - but really expensive. Me and my partner paid £70 for two courses and each with two drinks. But the following time on August 28th 2012 - the food was okay - me and the other 5 people I was with enjoyed it - the service was okay - the drinks were slow to arrive, but the food was quite quick. so overall thought it was good until I got home - and started being violently sick from about 3 hours after and for the next two days - then the day after my sister-in-law and father both became violently ill, and it seemed a coincidence that we all ate parma ham and chicken in our dishes. I would not recommend anyone to eat here, as although the food is good - I have a serious issue with whether the food is not in date which they are serving - or it's not being cooked properly. I have reported the restaurant to the health inspectors office - because after taking to friends it became evident that we were not the only ones that have become ill after eating at Prezzo, Barnstaple.

Reviewed September 7, 2012

Very average Italian-style pizzeria that is not as good as it looks. The guy making the pizzas did so very noisily, but the service itself was slow. The food was mediocre and the prices were excessive for what you get.

Reviewed August 19, 2012

My family and I recently visited whilst in holiday. My family and I were made to feel very welcome at this high quality restaurant. The food is quite expensive but we used our Taste Card, which entitled us to 2 for 1 on starters main and desserts. When the food arrived it was amazing and very tasty, my husband and I had the crab fishcakes and they were stunning. The kids had pizza and they were more than happy. Desserts again very high quality. Cant praise the Staff and food highly enough. Well worth visit :-)