“one of the best around”
Review of The Stagger Inn

The Stagger Inn
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Been here a few times with my wife and the parents, service normally good, food always good, music not so good.......

Reviewed August 4, 2014

Went to the Stagger Inn for a meal with family, ordered the Perroni battered Haddock and wow, the fish that appeared was massive, the meal was awesome with chips, salad and mushy peas, just as ell I was hungry. The others had Steak Burgers and Pasta and meat balls. Brilliant !!!!!

Reviewed August 1, 2014 via mobile

Seated promptly and orders for food and drink taken with enough time to look at the menu and not have to wait.

Starter came after 35 min wait, which was understandable as it was really busy. Garlic mushrooms are to die for! I would return just for them.

Atmosphere was good,candles lit, table nicely laid, lightning maybe a little too dark. I did notice however that there were a few janes blunt songs playing rather loudly in the background that swore and there were children in eating at this time (6.30), it did make me cringe a little when the f*** word came on. (James blunt- you're beautiful)

Staff more than attentive, kept checking our meal was ok and did make a few adaptations for us (wanted mash rather than potatoes). Prompt with drinks.

My cheese and onion pie sadly wasn't served with watercress as on the menu but was delicious. There was more than enough chips to go with it. My partner also enjoyed his pan fried chicken but wasn't keen on the potato it was served with- maybe a little more sauce was needed in order for it to not be too dry.

Puddings were reasonably priced. The raspberry Creme brûlée was gorgeous!

Reviewed July 10, 2014

The creme brûlée I had, had split and was not creamy like stated! Its not even comparable to ones I've previously I've had! Looks like scrambled egg very disappointed.

Reviewed July 9, 2014

The food here is pretty good (wide range of dishes) as is the restaurant itself. Unfortunately on a recent business dinner, having ordered vegetarian meals and a side of vegetables, some of the vegetables were mixed with bacon. This didn't become evident until I had eaten half of the dish; I went to the bar to complain and although the side was refunded, their apology wasn't particularly sincere (apparently the waiter should have asked me if I was vegetarian). Other than this mishap and if you don't mind the slow service, I'd recommend this restaurant.... just be careful to check the dishes if you've got dietary requirements.