“Christmas night out”

The Stagger Inn
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 18, 2012

I have enjoyed eating at the Stagger Inn before but this time had a bad experience. I booked for myself and 5 friends to have our Xmas night out, I pre ordered the menu choices and paid deposit approximately 3 weeks prior to the event. Our starters were OK but when our mains arrived, one of my friends didn't get her meal. We pointed this out and they apologised but by the time she had received her gammon, the rest of us had nearly finished our meals. I most definitely pre ordered all 6 meals, and they should have realised that one of our party had not received her main course. When it came to desserts, two of my friends had ordered from the Xmas menu and had pre ordered Baileys Cheesecake. Myself and my other friends chose our desserts and when we mentioned two of the party had already pre ordered the cheesecake, we were told there was none left. My friends were disappointed but chose an alternative dessert. We received our desserts and then another waiter turned up with two cheesecakes! By the time these had turned up the girls had already started eating the alternative desserts. I ordered Tiramisu which consisted of a small amount of Tiramisu in the bottom of a wine glass topped by lots of whipped cream and chocolate shavings, it was just slop basically and I couldn't eat it. They did reduce our bill because of the mistakes they made but this didn't really compensate for a disappointing evening. I think this was a case of an establishment who were under pressure due to having more customers than normal and perhaps taking on extra staff who did not perform well.

1  Thank pixiestarr

Reviewed November 16, 2012

First time to the stagger, family meal out mid week , good choice on menu and reasonable price, staff very friendly and service excellent . Definitely would go back and recommend to friends .

1  Thank RuthF940
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Just visited Stagger Inn again, for a Wednesday night it was very busy. Staff very friendly and attentive as always. On our way there we were going to have th 2 flat iron steaks and a bottle of wine fo £19.90! Fantastic value, but on arrival was surprised at the specials menu, the choice was amazing so ended up with Lobster with celiariac chips and hollandaise sauce oh my word this was wonderful! My husband stuck by his flat iron steak though which he cut like a knife through butter. I could not resist a sweet so we managed to get through a couple of spoonfuls of peanut butter ice.cream which never disappoints. Once again this is a lovely restaurant with a great atmosphere attentive , polite and friendly staff and obviously a fantastic chef you must try this place.

3  Thank dave4458
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Went to the stagger inn for the early bird menu (2 for 1). I had the gammon steak, my husband had the rissotto and my toddler had the bolognaise. I had a glass of the house red which was very drinkable and not over priced like some places do. We all loved the food and it came quickly too. We would have stayed for desert but had to rush off. The staff were all friendly and welcoming. We will be going back!

1  Thank goldiebrown88
Reviewed October 21, 2012

First time here for a few years, clocked in 5 minutes late, no problem, nice table, drinks ordered and with us in a couple of minutes. Food was really nice, grilled prawns, garlic mushrooms for starters, chicken breast and Cumberland sausage mains. Service was very swift and polite, prices reasonable, all in all a good experience. Will go back, definitely........... Probably soon........