“Great food but expensive!”
Review of Frankie and Bennys - CLOSED

Frankie and Bennys
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed December 28, 2013

Every time we go to Frankie and Benny's the food is faultless, having been about 5 times over the past few months we have never had a bad meal yet . Great selection of meals and good portion sizes, the desserts are fab too. The kids food is great, especially for babies as they do an organic baby food which is unusual. Plenty of highchairs and a special kids menu with things like fishfingers mash and beans for toddlers, and bananas and custard for dessert which my little boy loved. The only problem I have with it is it seems impossible to get a meal for 3 for under about £45 if you go on an evening or weekend (which is the only time we can really go due to working office hours)... I know it's great value on a weekday with the £5 breakfast and £5 lunch menus that they do, so it seems such a shame that the prices rocket so astronomically on a Saturday!

Reviewed December 25, 2013

We went here for lunch in the pouring rain and found good food and friendly service.
It had even stopped raining when we left!

Reviewed December 22, 2013

I've been here a couple of times since it opened and don't think I will be going back. The staff were friendly and helpful and the food arrived quite quick. On 1 of my visits I ordered a calzone which is usually a stuffed pizza - all this had in it was 2 meatballs in it, it wasn't nice at all.

Reviewed November 16, 2013

I have been in many f&b's around the country so was disappointed in Barrow. I went with my sisters and firstly one of our lattes was served in a cup with a huge crack from rim to base.....it took around 8 mins to change this then the coffee was cold!! I Ordered 'The Works' thinking the egg yolk would substitute beans...how wrong was I? The eggs were hard with sausage and bacon in what I would describe as 'dirty fried' certainly won't be visiting here again unless I hear standards have improved....

Reviewed October 24, 2013

1St time for brekki here & good, nice amount of food never waited to long from order to getting meal and drink refil service is great too so for £6.50 each including 3 latte coffee thats GREAT value