“Gone downhill”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed February 3, 2014 via mobile

After eating here for a number of years you expect low budget food on a cheap budget, food always acceptable but going early on a Sunday i was expecting the carvary to be fully stocked...how wrong was i - 1 meat left out of a choice of 3 & only 1 veg left out of 3...so i had something else. Four adult meals & one childs meal - all lovely BUT the corner where we were sat both light fittings weren't working so it was quite dark, plus the fact dust had formed balls on the wall & full of cobwebs by the chimney breast (possibly why lights were out) - very unclean, plus dust all around the light shades. The other grumble is that when we ate our puddings my spoon was dirty on the handle (bit sticky) after asking for a clean spoon, the waitress took a while (after ordering a hot pud) then brought me the same spoon, washed - but still sticky !!! Hence using a fork instead for my luke warm pud.

Going downhill, considering competition is only a stones throw around the corner soon to be open, you would think they would want to keep their regulars - 1st time i've had a bad word to say, sorry but standards have slipped !!!

1  Thank nicmac1405

Reviewed February 2, 2014

I have to say having been here many times before, I cannot believe how dirty this food establishment is. You actually feel like you need to wash your hands after touching a menu or the table in which you are expected to eat off. Honestly, a pretty grim experience. The service is shockingly slow for pretty bland food. Don't do it! Whilst the kids play area is ok. Cleanliness is at the bottom of the list, which is paramount for a food and child friendly venue. If you do go, take a good supply of anti-bac wipes!

1  Thank CumberlandSausage14
Reviewed January 23, 2014 via mobile

Came here the other day and it was brill. You cannot beat the value for money an quality of food there. The staff are always very friendly. My top choice for barrow and would advise anyone to come here.

Reviewed January 20, 2014

After being charged a ridiculous amount of money for two cokes our food arrived in just under three minutes of us ordering. The fact our food came so quick was a worrying thought. Our meal had obviously been microwaved. I will not be eating here again!!

1  Thank Lauren270396
Reviewed January 13, 2014

Once again I found myself dining here and once again it excelled lovely meals desserts and drinks with friendly staff be wrong not to reccomend love it here my first choice always