“Very helpful staff”

Debenham's Restaurant
Reviewed November 27, 2013

I was shopping in Barrow in Furness with my. 2 grandchildren and we chose to go to Debenham's
restaurant for our lunch. A very helpful member of the staff welcomed us, presented us with a tray
and generally made us feel special. We all chose tuna and cheese melts which then went into the
kitchen to be warmed and when they were delivered to our table were nicely presented with a
small amount of green salad. The restaurant was clean and tidy, tables being cleared and wiped
as soon as customers had left. The cleanliness and food I experienced means I could
recommend Debenham's restaurant when needing to eat a light lunch in Barrow in Furness

1  Thank 31CMD

Reviewed September 7, 2013

Staff very helpful.
Area cosy and clean. Table & chairs as well as leather chairs.
Baby food preperation area.

Reviewed May 18, 2013

I went to debenhams cafe earlier this week with my daughter & toddler for lunch whilst shopping. The scampi & chips we both chose was disappointing - 6 tiny pieces of scampi with overdone peas. The chips were OK but there was not enough on the plate. Our toddler loved his meal with yogurt & drink included. He ate every bit leaving us wishing we had got the same child's meal! The cakes & cold food looked nice though.

The service was good, we were served by a very smiley nice lady. When we struggled to find a toddler friendly table we were directed to a freshly cleaned table without having to ask. Overall it was kept very clean.
In my opinion there were too many tables squashed into a small area. I thought the tables were also too close to the fire doors. No room for pushchairs - there was one parked in front of the fire doors throughout our full stay.

Think I will give it a miss next time - there are nicer, cheaper places in Barrow

Reviewed March 5, 2013

Debenham's restaurant has some lovely food, including fish and chips, soup and even roasts. The cakes are lovely too and the staff are very friendly.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

what a miserable place. Unfriendly staff. Horrible coffee and a cold soggy pastry. Lots of dirty tables with no sign of anyone clearing them. waited a long time to get served. Dont think I'll be going again.