“BRILLIANT”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: l
Reviewed May 1, 2013

I had visited Mr Elephant tonight and it was lovely, brilliant atmosphere. The staff were friendly and helpful and the owner was very welcoming. The service was superb and quick, the food was lovely and was exactly what it said on the menu, lovely sized portions and the prices are brilliant. I very much enjoyed dining there, tonight and will defiantly be going back again. I will be recommending this restaurant to all of my family and friends.

Reviewed May 1, 2013

This was our first visit and part of a birthday treat as I had received some vouchers. They have done a fine job of converting the former King Alfred pub into a bright airy Indian restaurant. The lounge bar is very spacious and we sat down on the comfortable sofas and ordered drinks, the waiter soon took our orders. Then we were seated in the window table overlooking Walney channel. It was a Sunday evening and the restaurant was about two thirds occupied. We had a delicious meal and a great evening.

Reviewed April 17, 2013

We had an excellent meal there Sunday lunch time. They have a good and varied menu and food is well cooked. The only downside was that, on that Sunday lunchtime, we were the only customers!

Reviewed April 14, 2013

Visited this restaurant last night whilst staying with my nephew and his partner on Walney Island. We had an exceptional evening with great service and a very relaxed atmosphere. Food was very good and the platter for two starter was one of the best I have ever tasted at any Indian restaurant. I would definitely recommend this, it's a bit pricey, but you get what you pay for.Well done guys - a great venue for an evening out!

Reviewed April 9, 2013

Had a nice meal at Mr Elephant on Walney island last night. The lounge and restaurant area are very nice and we received a warm welcome on arrival. The service was very pleasant and the restaurant was reasonably lively for a Tuesday night. I agree with other reviewers that some dishes were a little more expensive than at other local restaurants, but do include rice or chips which isn't always the case with indian meals. Didn't like the pickle tray, but main meals were excellent. Lamb Bhuna among the best ever and the sizzling seafood platter was delish.
Will definitely be going again