“Great Beach”
Review of Earnse Bay

Earnse Bay
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Earnse Bay is one of the jewels of Walney Island. It has a vast expanse of flat golden sand and is a Mecca for windsurfers and kite powered sand-boards. There is also an adjoining nature reserve which is a pleasant walk in sand-dunes. Parking is free and plentiful. The only real snag is the lack of refreshments, even the nearby pub has been recently demolished.

Reviewed June 1, 2013

My mother's from Barrow in Furness, though we now live in Leeds, so I've known Earnse Bay all my life. Today, with my husband, we visited with my mother (89) and her best friend from school (also 89) - she married my Mum's cousin and we've always been close. So none of the categories of visitor fits - - but we all had a lovely time walking on this beautiful beach in the sunshine. One tip for visiting this lovely beach - - it is always, ALWAYS breezy even on a hot day so do take some warm clothes (and if you like flying kites, this is the place!)

Reviewed May 10, 2013

Super place...great beach walks. Fresh air and sand. Once down on the shore you instantly lose site of human habitation. Wonderful.

Reviewed April 27, 2013

Poor Earnse Bay what a mess with all the wind turbines offshore.
I always loved it on a clear day to see the Isle of Man but all you see now is blooming wind turbines

1  Thank suzieb1952
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Not many places nowadays where you can wander over a few miles of sandy beaches with nothing but seagulls and Walney winds to contend with. No cafes, ice cream vans or noise. Some good views up to the Lakes if you walk right to the North End.