“Perfect”

Oscar’s
Cuisines: Wine Bar
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The finest place to eat in Cumbria's Southern Peninsula Welcome to an easier, more pleasurable dining experience. At Oscar's you will enjoy the best food, the best drinks, the best service and, of course, the best surroundings in South Cumbria. ...from start to finish, whether you're here for drinks and nibbles or your most special celebration,we hope you enjoy everything Oscar's has to offer. All of our meat carries the Red Tractor Assurance, so you'll know it's guaranteed British. All of our fish are from suppliers registered with the Marine Stewardship Council, certified sustainable with full traceability direct to the vessel it was landed from. Oscar's prepares and serves food simply yet differently,with the finest local ingredients available. If you have any allergies or specific dietary requirements, please inform our dedicated team, we will do our utmost to accommodate. Our food is freshly prepared in a kitchen that uses nuts and seafood. Thank you for dining at Oscar's
Reviewed July 29, 2014 via mobile

Visited in June with the family and I only have one word to say Perfect, from checking in, to eating in Oscars, to departing. Any one visiting Barrow must call In and have a bite to eat, or even better stop in one of the rooms and spoil yourself, u will not be disappointed.
It is a long time since I have had such a memorable dinning experience, the food was fantastic and the service provided from the staff was perfect, especially Michelle her attention to detail was second to none. To me Oscars ticked all the boxes. We will be back soon, so a Big Thank U to all the staff at the Abbey House Hotel and keep up the good work.

abbeyhtl, Manager at Oscar’s, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2014

Thanks very much indeed for your kind review, I'll be sure to pass it on to the team in Oscar's, I'm glad it ticked all the boxes and hope to see you back again soon.

Reviewed July 28, 2014

I took my Dad to Oscar's for his birthday meal after hearing good reviews from friends and colleagues. It was excellent! Right from the beginning the staff were very helpful and friendly, making sure that we happy. The food was delicious - I had the scallops to start and my Dad had the black pudding. Both highly recommended! We both had 'Oscar's Burger' for our main which was brilliant. Proper hand made burger! All in all, it was a brilliant evening - excellent for a special treat like a birthday!

1  Thank Harriet G

The burgers are indeed the best in town! we're glad you had a great visit with your Dad, thanks very much indeed.

Reviewed July 27, 2014

Went to the restaurant as I was told by a friend that it has been refurbished. The food and especially the service was excellent, What a treat for my partner and I. Would recommend to anyone who enjoys good food and lovely atmosphere. Well Done Abbey House. Will be visiting again soon.

We're glad you enjoyed your recent visit to Oscar's and look forward to welcoming you back again.
Many thanks

Reviewed July 27, 2014

Have eaten in Oscars a couple of times over the past 2 months and have to say it is fast becoming my favourite restaurant. Food is lovely and so well presented and the staff always have a smile for us. Can't wait to go back next weekend with friends, thanks again Oscars!

What a great review, thanks very much! I hope to be able to greet you back to Oscar's in the very near future.

Reviewed July 26, 2014

Was very much looking foward to trying Oscars but was let down in the following areas. To begin with when we arrived we were completely ignored by the two young staff behind the bar. Only one person was serving, with the other person stating quite loudly that she would not serve as she could not make cocktails. When I was finally served I was very dissapointed with the long Island tea cocktails which we were served. Another couple also left waiting at the bar enquired as to what the soup of the day was?? The waiting staff answered "I dont know". The next waiting staff also didnt know. The majority of the waiting staff were all young and clearly very inexperienced. The position of our table was a big disapointment. We were seated directly opposite the bar in the bar area and not the actual restaurant. The bar was very busy, and we had to eat our meal being overlooked by crowds of people. It was like eating in a pub not a restaurant. The food however was excellent. This we could not fault, but we were so disappointed with the overall dining experience that we would not return. We expected so much more from an establishment like Abbey House. My recommendation to them would be to employ staff with experience to help guide some of the younger less experienced staff.

Thanks very much for your feedback on your recent experience at Oscar's.
We value all of our guests comments and hope you will notice a great improvement on your next visit. We were quite overwhelmed by the instant success of Oscar's and our first Rosette. I hope we have now been able to create the fine balance on the service standards required.