“Just what we needed!”

The Albert
Cuisines: British
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: The Albert hotel welcomes you to the perfect place to eat, drink and relax. Just a stone's throw from England largest lake,Lake Windermere. Food is served Monday to Saturday from 12 noon till between 9 and 9.30pm. On a Sunday we serve traditional Sunday lunch along side our main menu form 12 noon till 8.15pm.
Reviewed October 27, 2013

After a long walk all we wanted was a nice, big pub lunch and we weren't let down. For the price we paid we really were spoiled. I had the fajitas and my partner had the burger-both were very tasty and only a fiver!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,212)

Reviewed October 27, 2013

another place me and my partner ate when on our trip to bowness on wndermere we both had the home made steak and ale pie phew glad we didnt have a starter very big portions but food and service very good and a good range of ales as well so well done the staff at the albert hotel

Reviewed October 25, 2013

Just popped in for lunch and had the roast beef sandwich and gravy with a generous helping of salad and some superb horseradish sauce and washed down with one of their 5 real ales (Robinson's Unicorn) in this case. Superb all round.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

this is a lovely open pub and a nice place to escape the rain, not sure what happened to the menu, the starters were lovely and well presented, i had calves liver with mash and my husband had mussels in thai sauce, then the main meals came out and taste and presentation had gone out the window, the egg on the gammon wasnt cooked, the chips tasted disguisting, the pineapple was black, my lasagne and garlic bread was just swimming in grease, our recommendation would be to have two starters and leave the mains menu alone

Reviewed October 22, 2013

The Albert seems to be a pub for all people. It attracts people of all ages. Not surprising, as its in the heart of Bowness and offers food, live bands, a good atmosphere and a wide selection of drinks.

Having said that I had a pretty lousy pint of Unicorn (my fault not the pubs). It was not to my taste. But they do have a wide selection of other real ales and a well stocked bar.

Friday nights are busy with the live band, so if you want a seat, you need to arrive early!

A good pub in which to spend an evening.