“nice.”

The Albert
Cuisines: British
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: The Albert hotel welcomes you to the perfect place to eat, drink and relax. Just a stone's throw from England largest lake,Lake Windermere. Food is served Monday to Saturday from 12 noon till between 9 and 9.30pm. On a Sunday we serve traditional Sunday lunch along side our main menu form 12 noon till 8.15pm.
Reviewed February 10, 2013

We had lunch on the Friday here which was only £5.95 each.
I had fish home made chunky chips and peas and my wife had the hand cut gammon, chunky chips with 2 eggs. Which both was plentiful for the price and the fish was so fresh and a nice piece too. we liked it so much we returned for the evening meal which was just as nice but paid an evening price, I had the steak and mushroom pie which came in pot and was heaving with tender steak and only found 2 mushrooms. Highly recommended pub and restaurant.

1  Thank Andy S
Write a ReviewReviews (2,246)

Reviewed February 5, 2013

Staff were very friendly and helpful and the place was nice and warm after having spent the day walking. We liked the live music, and the distribution of ages of people was varied which was nice.

The food (pie and caesar salad) were very good too.

1  Thank krzysztof_j_m
Reviewed February 3, 2013

We stopped off here unexpectedly when passing by. In fact we almost walked past it.

It was a busy Friday night when we visited and the bar was humming with conversation and laughter, with guests of all ages from 18-80 and all clearly enjoying themselves.

The bar staff were entertaining and fun. There is a well stocked bar and ample seating in a variety of settings. A live act was singing on stage too.

1  Thank MD-FatDonkey
Reviewed January 15, 2013

There are times when only steak, chips and peppercorn sauce will hit the spot!

This is a really lovely pub with an excellent first floor dining room. The decor was very tasteful, warm and comfortable. We needed food fast as we had to be somewhere else by 7.30. The only fault I can think of is the waitress was slightly gruff and needs to brush up on her people's skills.

The drinks came in reasonable time. My steak was cooked to perfection, tender and very flavoursome. The chips were very crisp and chunky, just how they should be. The peppercorn sauce was so good I was happy to finish off the rather full gravy boat! The mushrooms were fresh and delicious. It's a meal I have thought often about in the last week!

My companions enjoyed their food also, all in all very tasty and beautifully cooked. I look forward to going back there on my next visit to The Lakes.

1  Thank Radio666
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Me and my husband ate here last weekend while having a break in the lakes. this is the 3rd time we have eaten here and every time we have been greeted with friendly staff and the food has been excellent each time. for anyone visiting the lakes and wanting a superb bar meal this is the place to visit!

1  Thank Mel B