“beautiful food”

Roberto's
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed February 17, 2013

A lovely little cosy restaurant with top quality food. Me and my partner had one of our first dates here and loved the food and the atmosphere. We have since been back and will no doubt visit again.

There are newer reviews for Roberto's

Reviewed February 15, 2013

Good service interesting menu European style and a black board choice as well. In the center of Bowness

Reviewed February 3, 2013

We finally made it to Roberto's on our latest trip to the Lakes having not been able to get a table before. I can now see why! You MUST book to stand a chance of eating here. Firstly, they stop serving at 9pm, so you have limited dining time. Secondly, the place is tiny with only a handful of tables. Thirdly, the food is outstanding, so the plavce is very popular!!

If you don't like to sit too close to other diners, then Roberto's is not for you. You are almost touching shoulders! But if you like the feel of a true mediterranean restaurant, you love great food and you can get a reservation, this is a must try restaurant.

A small but very attractive and appealing menu awaits you at Roberto's. The service matches the food in its excellence.

We will definitely eat here again.

2  Thank MD-FatDonkey
Reviewed January 27, 2013

The first thing I noticed about Roberto's was the huge range of specials they had. It took us ages to decide what to have from the great range of dishes available. All 4 dishes we had (2 starters and 2 mains) were outstanding, the broth with my mussel starter was the nicest I've ever had and my lamb main had a deep, rich sauce. (I can't remember what my partner had but he loved both his dishes as well). We decided not to have dessert as I think they were all £5.95 which I thought was a little bit on the high side, I think the coffee and liqueur coffee prices were also quite high.The tables are a little close together but I can understand that from an economics point of view. The staff were friendly and attentive. If you want absolutely fantastic food in a bistro environment then Roberto's should definitely be on your shortlist.

1  Thank laughingmike
Reviewed January 18, 2013

The menu had a good range of options from pizzas to finer dining. All very filling after a day's walking, so I can't tell you about the desserts.
They had good choice of wines as well. Service was superb and prompt and they squeezed us in on short notice so we did get a slightly cramped table at the back, nonetheless we were very happy to be fed

1  Thank mjc992