“Excellent authentic Italian”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed July 24, 2014

This restaurant has been going for 22 years. When we visited it was obvious why it has lasted this long. Excellent attentive staff. Food was well presented and really tasty, the staff were happy to make recommendations to help us with our final decisions. The best meal we have had for quite some time. Had we discovered this place on the first day of our vacation, I think we would have been loathed to try anywhere else. If you are looking for a really nice meal then look no further. Going by the vast numbers of people that were being turned away, you should consider booking. It is worth it!

1  Thank Murray M
There are newer reviews for Villa Positano

Reviewed July 23, 2014

Visited on 21/7/14 and had a mixed bag in terms of welcome. One of the staff was very polite and welcoming but one of the servers made us feel like we were a hassle (perhaps she'd had a long day). I started with the mussels in Marinara sauce. Nothing wrong with the mussels but the sauce was terrible. It was like hot water (yes, as runny as water) with a vague tomato taste. I then had chicken Marengo which was equally as flavourless. My wife had no major complaints about her food but wasn't impressed either. I got the impression that this restaurant don't exactly play for repeat custom. When I'm back in the area I certainly won't be coming back here. To be clear I made no complaint. Just paid and left feeling deflated. Long day and didn't want the hassle

3  Thank chumpySunderland
Reviewed July 23, 2014

Outstanding meal with something for all, even my fussy teenagers. Service was pleasant and lovely relaxed atmosphere. Profiteroles were to die for. Even the bill wasn't a surprise.

Reviewed July 22, 2014

Had a lovely dinner at this friendly and upscale restaurant. All of the wait staff were lovely.
We ordered the Bruschetta and Parma wrapped melon balls for starters - both were very good
I had the best fillet of beef I've had in a very long time - it matched my previous best! So tender
i hardly needed my knife. My husband had a steak as well but not the fillet, and his was good too. The veg that came with it were perfectly cooked and very well enjoyed! I always leave room for dessert!! and the profitteroles were amazing !! My husbands tiramisu, his favourite dessert, was one of his best. The staff chatted with us, asked us where we from and were interested in what we had to say. We just had a wonderful time there. Make sure to make a reservation before you go because they are full most nights.

Reviewed July 20, 2014

Had dinner at Villa Positano on our first night staying in Bowness, the were very busy and we had to wait 15 minutes for a table in the bar, but the staff were very friendly offering us drinks and the food was well worth the wait!