“Perfect”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed May 14, 2014

We ate here on a Monday night and it was full, which says it all. Although we hadn't booked they managed to find us a table (the last one) the food and the service was first class and the staff were very friendly. I asked for a business card so that I can book next time because it's unlikely that I will be lucky again.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,380)

Reviewed May 14, 2014

we weren't able to eat on our 1st visit as it was full so booked for the next evening. I'm not surprised it was popular as the food was superb. A 3 course meal with a bottle of wine was just over £60.00 for two people so not expensive unless you prefer to eat at the local takeaways. The service was cheerful and just right. Not pushing you to hurry and get out so more people could be seated. I don't know what it would be like in the height of the season but out experience was really good and I am definitely recommending this one.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

Don't be put off by the little entrance. This place is a little gem! Great food and really nice authentic atmosphere. Friendly staff and good value. Go there!,

Reviewed May 13, 2014

Trying to get a seat here was proving to be a problem. They were booked for Saturday night, and for the Sunday although I had booked ahead it looked as though we only just managed to get a table. However that's to the restaurants credit. Obviously a lot of people know where to go for good Italian food in Bowness, despite Villa Positano being down a small alley of the main route. For starters I had suid in a tomato sauce. The squid was great and melting to eat, and perhaps my only criticism was that the tomato sauce was no better than average. But my partner had Gamberoni, and said that they were the best she had ever tasted (and she has tasted a lot of Gamberoni :)). We both had pasta for main - me Spaghetti alla Vongole (white) and the pasta was perfectly cooked and sauced with the most claims I cam remember seeing on one plate! My partners lobster filled ravioli in a cream sauce she said was as good as her starter, and we shared a Garlc bread with tomato - just to help with the mopping up of sauces you understand. A great meal with a good bottle of wime for £60 - how can you go wrong? Go and try but make sure to book.

Reviewed May 12, 2014

Visited with wife over the weekend. Tried to book for the Saturday but the popularity is such that we went on Sunday. We where NOT disappointed. Very authentic cosy little place with welcoming staff. Had a fillet steak which was done to perfection and the profiteroles are a must. Great value all round and when we return to bowness, I will be making this restaurant a must. Compares easily to any Italian we have been to in London.