“Beautiful Meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Villa Positano

Villa Positano
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Durham, United Kingdom
“Beautiful Meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2012

We were recommended this restaurant by the owner of the guest house we were staying in. When we arrived we were told that it was fully booked both Friday and Saturday night so booking advisable. The waitress was very friendly and the food was excellent. Will definately be returning on our next visit

• Visited October 2012

Leeds, United Kingdom
“A little bite of Italy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

Villa Positano was recommended to us on arrival at our hotel so my husband and I decided to give it a try. On first entering the restaurant we were greeted warmly by the waitress who showed us to our table. The decor of the restaturant is traditional Italian without being OTT. The house wine was of a high quality and the food was authentic, using the freshest of ingredients.

My husband chose steak with blue cheese for his main and proceeded to say it was cooked to perfection - something that is quite an achievement as he is fussy when it comes to steak! The only negative I would say is that the portion size is a little too big. I had the calamari to start and could only eat half to leave room for my main course!

During our meal the restaurant was busy, with a continuous stream of diners; however the staff remained attentive and friendly throughout! I would definitely recommend this restaurant if you are looking for fresh, home-cooked food in a friendly, family-run establishment.

• Visited October 2012
Lancashire
“Little Gem”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

Great early bird deal and it has a nice cosy feel to it with very good service, nice clean wash rooms with a great comfy chill out area, and of course the food is good as well, as I am local I would like to see a black board choice as the menu does not change much.

Visited October 2012
Yorkshire
“A bit of Italy in Bowness”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

This is an authentic family Italian restaurant. A place where everyone is made to feel welcome and special. We find that no matter how long passes between visits we are always recognised and made to feel like valued friends. The food is always well cooked, presented and a joy to eat.The services is very friendly and efficient without being intrusive. I have no qualms in highly recommending it to anyone who enjoys authentic Italian food and likes value for money. We shall continue to return there as we have done over the past seven years.

Visited October 2012
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Good food, good atmosphere and quick service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012

We were looking for a nice Italian in Bowness and this was recommended by our B&B and also by our taxi driver - we had also considered Amoré but our taxi driver said this was a better choice and preferred by the locals. The place had a rustic Italian feel and was quite busy for a Monday night. My girlfriend and I had Beef Cannelloni, Farfalle al Salmone and shared a portion of garlic bread. The food was nice but nothing spectacular that set it apart from other Italian restaurants.

• Visited September 2012