After a last minute decision to stop for a day in Windermere on our trip up to Scotland I came across this guest house online. The reviews suggested overall it was okayISH but not really worth it's four stars. I could not agree less! The house is lovely and had lots of character. It has a cute typical English lounge with a small bar and there is a dining room. We were offered to use the many games they had for the children. The room was very big and clean and again with lots of character. There was a large four poster bed with extra beds either side for our children, leaving still plenty of floor space. There was a flat screen and complimentary tea/coffee and even sherry and sweets! The bathroom looked brand new and had an overhead rain shower over a large bath. Breakfast was lovely and plenty full. The staff were all very friendly. Would definitely come back here!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fantastic Central Location close to Lake Windermere, Beatrix Potter Attraction, Restaurants, shops etc. Having Lake View Rooms, Four Poster Rooms and Family Rooms. Parking on site. Guests can relax in the Lounge or have a drink at the well stocked bar. For a great holiday at a great price contact us and take advantage of our excellent deals. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Lonsdale House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lonsdale House Hotel Bowness-On-Windermere
- Lonsdale House Bowness-On-Windermere, England - Lake District