“absolutly super will definatly return”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Linthwaite House

Linthwaite House
Cuisines: European, British
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings, Scenic view
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Linthwaite House Hotel restaurant overlooking Lake Windermere in the sublime Lake District is a very special place indeed. With views that would have thrilled Wordsworth, Linthwaite House Hotel has chosen luxurious, tasteful interiors to please even the most jaded urbanite and the kitchen, under chef Simon Bolsover, is daring and modern too. Fresh, local ingredients conspire in a signature dish like 60 Degree Herdwick Lamb with braised neck kataifi, cep and kidney risotto. Choose from light lunch menu on the terrace, daily changing table d’hote menu or simpler a la carte in the elegant dining room, with its vast mirror collection, in the evenings, vegetarian menu, or trad Sunday lunch, all accompanied by a blistering global wine list.
Kirkby Lonsdale, United Kingdom
“absolutly super will definatly return”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2010

i would definatly return the food is super exspecially the beef as it was tender and cooked exactly how you want. the yorkshire puddings are gorgeous and exactly how u would expect.i will definatly return i ave been there many a time includding easter, birthdays, anniversarys and many more it is child freindly but not that many children go .it has a good atmosphere and the staff are extremely helpful

lancs
“Don't Bother”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2010

I wanted to take my mother for a special Mothers day lunch. She has a wheel chair. I had searced the internet to find a hotel/ restaurant that has disabled access. So after finding this restaurant on the internet, I gave them a call on the tuesday evening to make a booking for 3 people for lunch and made sure is was disabled acess, I made the booking for Thursday lunch in my husbands name. The first mistake they made, I arrived in reception at the allotted time 12.20pm, gave my name and they had no such booking. So who ever answered the phone on Tuesday, obviously did not write anything down. The second, to get an electric wheelchair in the door was almost impossible, the wheelchair had to do an 180 degree turn. There was no room to move a wheelchair round the place, it is full of old fashioned boxes and chests all over the place. Third. They gave us a menu, for the restaurant, not much choice there, asked to look at another menu, no chicken on there, and if we wanted to order off that menu we could not go in the restaurant, she did offer to bring out a fold up table!!! Have you ever heard of anything so ridiculous. I could have sat at home with my dinner on my knee!! Overall, Menu dissapointing. Staff dissapointing... I will not be going there again, the whole experiance ruined a very nice day. On the whole they do not cater for disabled, it is probably too much trouble. If I had known all this I would have booked some where else. I will make it up to mum, I will take her to Southport next time i take her out.

3 Thank linda c
mikebevans, Owner at Linthwaite House, responded to this review, March 12, 2010
Mums are very important aren't they? We all want to do our best to please them especially for Mother's Day.
We are very sorry this happened, but would say that we are inspected for access regularly by the authorities and we do have many visitors in wheelchairs who come and enjoy the service and experience at Linthwaite.
As it is we didn't have this booking in our diary for the 11th, it was entered for the 12th, which could possibly have been a mistake on our part.
As a result the ramp that we put out to enable access over the one step at the front door wasn't out, which of course was inconvenient.
We offer two types of dining; one informal (fish and chips, first class hamburgers, terrines, light snacks, homemade soup, sandwiches etc.) served in the lounges and veranda, and the more formal table d'hôte menu in our dining room. All our food is carefully sourced and cooked to order and isn't cheap.
The lady's Mother expressed a desire to have fish and chips down by the lake which despite our best efforts is what we assume they decided to do.
We hope that in the end Mother's Day was successful.
Shanghai Region, China
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2009

Linthwaite House is fabulous. We were up at the Lakes and booked our dinner. It was a beautiful spring day and the sun hasn't completely set when we were seated at the lounge for our drinks. We sat in front of the windows and watched the lake and the sun set, the view was just beautiful. It was a perfect start to the evening. This is our second time to Linthwaite House. The food is fantastic and the service is spot on. The wine list is extensive with reasonable mark-up. Dinner inclusive of coffee and petite four is very reasonable at £50/person. It would be a lot more expensive for similar grade restaurants in London. You can't go wrong by going to Linthwaite House when you are at the Lakes. We've been to all the Michelin rated restaurants in the area and Linthwaite is one of the best. Value for money, great view, great food and good service.

1 Thank XP-Traveler
North West
“Everyone should go”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2009

This was a last minute decision and more than met the recommendation I had been given. The hotel was warm and inviting, the staff were extremely polite and made you feel special.

The restaurant staff knew everything about the food and every bottle of wine on the list. It was very impressive.

The food was an experience worth telling everyone about.

A place to be visited again and comes with high recommendations that it manges to live up to with ease.

Matlock, United Kingdom
“A wonderful place for an...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2007

A wonderful place for an afternoon tea experience. The views over Windermere are stunning as is the food.