“As good as anywhere!”

Linthwaite House
Cuisines: European, British
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Linthwaite House Hotel restaurant overlooking Lake Windermere in the sublime Lake District is a very special place indeed. With views that would have thrilled Wordsworth, Linthwaite House Hotel has chosen luxurious, tasteful interiors to please even the most jaded urbanite and the kitchen, under chef Simon Bolsover, is daring and modern too. Fresh, local ingredients conspire in a signature dish like 60 Degree Herdwick Lamb with braised neck kataifi, cep and kidney risotto. Choose from light lunch menu on the terrace, daily changing table d’hote menu or simpler a la carte in the elegant dining room, with its vast mirror collection, in the evenings, vegetarian menu, or trad Sunday lunch, all accompanied by a blistering global wine list.
Reviewed February 2, 2014

I think the title says it all. We have dined at many very well respected places. I dont think that any of them have bettered the Linthwaite. Just to add, the tasting menu was fantastic and i'd say the best afternoon tea i've had anywhere.
Michael, Rebecca & Sam Worden

Reviewed January 31, 2014

My partner and I took advantage of a two-for-one offer to have dinner at this delightful hotel.The staff were friendly and welcoming from the moment of arrival,the food was superb and beautifully presented,and the whole ambience of the place was a delight.A most enjoyable and memorable dining experience.

Reviewed December 15, 2013

My boyfriend really enjoyed his meal and Linthwaite itself, however I didn't, so we compromised on a three score. From his perspective the place was lovely and the food quite good which is only fair to say. I agree the hotel was lovely, however other than the canapes, which were tasty and inventive, I really didn't enjoy the rest of my meal. My main course was particularly bad, it was the the vegetarian option and extremely salty to the point where I couldn't finish it....it left a really bad taste in my mouth. We had just become engaged that day so I was excited to spend a little extra on a special meal but for me it was over priced for a quite disappointing meal. Despite my boyfriend enjoying the meal more than myself we both agree its not somewhere either of us would want to return to.

1  Thank 88DanLa84
Reviewed November 28, 2013

Our first visit but with friends who eat here regularly. We benefitted from the 2 for 1 offer (£52). We enjoyed a glass of excellent white wine whilst ordering, and between us, managed to sample a good range of dishes. All were cooked and presented in an excellent way, served with enthusiasm and professionalism by the staff. The restaurant was full, probably due to the special offer. The whole experience was excellent, the food very close to Michelin star standard.

Reviewed November 28, 2013

Ate here with a friend. We live locally so usually just come when the winter dinner deal is on. The place is fabulous as are the staff. The food was lovely, although we both found our main courses too salty. I don't like salt at all! But did eat all my meal - lamb. My dining partner had beef and usually is a salt lover! She asked for the dish to be returned and modified which it was. The staff are very keen to ensure your dining experience is superb, which it is ! We were not made to feel a nuisance by asking to change the food. Some eating establishment could make this awkward. They shouldn't but they do ! Linthwaite are out to please.The place was busy and vibrant with both guests and local non residents. I'm going back next week with a larger group. Can't wait!!