“Fantastic atmosphere and consistent food”
Review of Caffe Riva

Caffe Riva
Cuisines: Italian, Wine Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed August 5, 2014

This is the second time we have visited this venue and the food is fantastic, love the choice and quality served and drinks menu, as with most things you get what you pay for, and all in all was good value we will be visiting again on a regular basis.
A good place to meet with friends.

1  Thank cheshirefred_11

Reviewed August 5, 2014

If I could score this less than one I would. After 50 minute wait the food came and my lasagna was cold. But according to the waiter/manager 'it wasn't that cold!'. The pizza that came looked good but the attitude of the waiter had totally killed the meal. Really really dissapointed.

3  Thank Jess1ca77
Reviewed August 3, 2014 via mobile

Overpriced. We all purchased a baguette which looked anaemic, a salad and drink costing £16 each. We weren't too impressed! Apart from this the staff were friendly

2  Thank CaraShan10
Reviewed August 3, 2014 via mobile

The food is actually very good. I got a shock when the bill came though. We had 2 small cokes and 2 small Orange juices. Garlic Bread with cheese to share. 2 kids meals and 2 Linguine with cream and bacon for £55! Outside was a lunch special, when I enquiried I was told it was Mon - Fri. I didn't feel this was clear from the sign. Also, watch out for the VAT added on to the bill. This seemed to bump it up although I can't remember if this was stated in the menu. I don't mind paying for good food however, didn't feel this was great value. Venue was fine and service was ok. I probably wouldn't return though as felt a little ripped off.

2  Thank Craigk186337
Reviewed July 31, 2014

We had a couple of meals here last weekend. First up, the primi of crisp calamari followed by some delicious fresh 'black' seafood ravioli, and then the artisan cheese board, all washed down with some Peroni and a brilliant Barbera. Two days later, the bargain selection of 5 cicchetti, and a tasty creamy risotto. Great food and service in a lively, busy restaurant.

1  Thank mikeblanchard007