Eastbourne Guest House
$199
$193
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa(Bowness-on-Windermere)
$250
$242
  • Restaurant
Lindeth Howe(Bowness-on-Windermere)
$350
$149
Priceline
The Burn How Garden House Hotel(Bowness-on-Windermere)
Storrs Hall(Bowness-on-Windermere)
  • Breakfast included
White Lodge Hotel(Bowness-on-Windermere)
No availability for your dates from our partners
Laura Ashley Hotel The Belsfield(Bowness-on-Windermere)
Stags Head(Bowness-on-Windermere)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsb bon arrivalother guestsfull englishparking permitquiet areagreat showerthe ground floorsuperior roomtea and coffeeenglish breakfastmin walkcomfortable bedstayed two nightslarge roomshort breakyogurt
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 14, 2009

room was nice, but small, not much drawer space for your clothes, breakfast was really good for choice, good location for shops, plenty places to eat in evening close by,

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 29, 2009

We checked into this guest house with no problems. We stayed for 1 night and booked a superior double in advance. The room was lovely but on the 3rd floor with no lift. There was internet access and if you have a laptop you could connect in your room.
The location is ok, its very hilly and is good for able bodied people of if you have a car. There is limited parking and if the spaces are filled you have to park in a laneway which just didn't seem to secure.
There is a lovely viewpoint on up the hill to look over lake windermere. Bowness is approx 10 mins walk with plenty of options for food.
The breakfast was good, you had to order when you checked in.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 26, 2009

Just returned from a short break with my elderly Mum. Looked after extremely well by the owners, husband and wife team, Martin + Marina. Room spotless, breakfast fantastic with vast amount of choice. Location central for our travels. Allowed to park at entrance car park due to my Mums disability which made our stay even more relaxing. We also met lovely guests. Hope to return again with my husband.
Thank you for a lovely 4 days.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed May 16, 2009

I recently stayed at the Eastbourne Guest House in Bowness on Windermere. My room was very comfortable and a high level of cleanliness kept throughout my stay. The owners were extremely friendly and helpful as regards suggesting things to do and places to see. I would also like to compliment them on the wonderful breakfast I received every morning.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed May 11, 2009

The room was okay but for £79 per night for a double room we were disappointed with the following...

...Over priced
...Mattress was quite thin
...TV positioned badly on the wall so you cannot watch in bed
...Small room not well set out door opens right onto end of bed
...Breakfast was okay but only from 08:30 to 09:15
...Shower had no pressure and very little water, difficult to wash hair under
...Shower went cold when sink tap is on or toilet flushed, took 10 minutes to get warm
...We were shouted at by one staff member and talked to in a very rude way after mentioning about the poor shower.

We explained to the B&B staff about the shower and asked if this was how it usually was. We were told that they didn't know as had had no previous complaint, although it was very new. We were offered a shower in another room but declined as it was the morning of our check out and we didn't want to walk from room to room in a towel or move all of our stuff just before we were due to leave.

On check out I asked for a discount as I wasn't happy paying so much money for a room with such a poor shower. I was offered a £10 discount which I accepted but then the female staff member came down stairs shouting at us that the shower worked fine. I explained that yes it did work but was difficult to wash under as there was such little water and that I only wanted to feed this back to the owner and herself. She continued to be very rude and defensive about our complaint, almost as if it were a personal attack! I asked her to please not shout at me and that I felt very upset that our stay had to end in such a horibble negative way and that no customer should be spoken to in such a way.

We were also told that the supirior rooms offered power showers so if we'd wanted that we should have paid more. I explained that at £79 per night it was not unreasonable to expect a shower that provided enough water to wash under properly.

The place itself was ok but certainly not worth the £79 a night. The one staff member was exceptionally rude for no reason and really did ruin the whole stay and because of this I DO NOT RECOMMEND this B&B.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple