Myself and my partner stayed for one night on Thursday 18 April. We arrived at about 7.30 in the evening and went straight out for a meal in one of the pubs nearby. Good location for most of amenities. We were up first thing and had checked out by 9am as we were pushed for time and wanted to visit the lake (also very nearby). We stayed in one of the superior rooms which is well worth paying a little extra for. Very comfortable and spacious. Great shower.
Breakfast was a little rushed but very good.
Even though we had barely unpacked as we had plans, i received a text message from the owner the next day to ask me to contact him as we had not reported any damage to the TV stand in the bedroom upon checking out. I called him straight back to explain that the reason for this was because we were not aware of any damage! When i was asked to shed any light on it obviously i could not. As far as i am aware we were not asked to pay anything however it left a very sour taste after an otherwise lovely stay. I appreciate these things must be looked into however this must have been done before we arrived and perhaps should have been checked.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Traditional and comfortable "adult only" Guest House with character features. Superior rooms have power showers and superior pocket sprung with memory foam beds with a choice of 5' King or 6' Super King beds. We also have saver doubles and kings for those travelling on a budget. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your Eastbourne Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eastbourne Guest House Hotel Bowness-On-Windermere
- Eastbourne Guest House Bowness-On-Windermere, England - Lake District