My partner and I stayed at the Eastbourne for three nights over New Year, having spent the last two previous New Year's in the Lakes. Our breaks in the previous two years (in Windermere and Ambleside) were excellent and the hosts had gone to real efforts to make sure their guests had a memorable stay over New Year and we have since recommended them to friends and family. It's the extra personal touches that make B&B's and guest houses more appealing over hotels. Unfortunately the same can't be said about the Eastbourne. On arrival we were told via the intercom that the owners were at their other B&B and we could let ourselves in and go straight to the room. On booking we were asked whether we had any special dietary requirements at which point we requested vegetarian and gluten free options. At breakfast we were told that we would have to bring our own gluten free options. Had we known that beforehand we would have done! Compared to other places we have stayed in the area we wouldn't say that it warrants four stars. The stay was adequate but nothing special, which was a shame.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Traditional and comfortable "adult only" Guest House with character features. Superior rooms have power showers and superior pocket sprung with memory foam beds with a choice of 5' King or 6' Super King beds. We also have saver doubles and kings for those travelling on a budget. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Orbitz so you can book your Eastbourne Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eastbourne Guest House Hotel Bowness-On-Windermere
- Eastbourne Guest House Bowness-On-Windermere, England - Lake District