“Wow”

and 1 more site!
The Nagoya Country House
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Just returned from a wonderful weekend spent on Lake Windermere staying at the Nagoya Country house. What a lovely little place we found, we booked the Aqua room which was big enough for us and had a lovely Jacuzzi to relax in after a long day of sightseeing. The room was very clean and the bed was so very comfy we could have stayed there all day! Breakfast was gorgeous and very generous, it was lovely overlooking the lake too. We spent time sat out on our own bit of patio with table and chairs taking in the beautiful scenery all around us. A big thumbs up to the hosts and the breakfast staff. Wouldn't stay anywhere else now, thank you.

Room Tip: All rooms have lovely views
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Alicejude

Reviewed September 9, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for four nights at the beginning of September. The room was nice although very small. When curtains were closed if I walked to my side of the bed they opened, only about six inches between bed and patio window.

The breakfast was lovely. My husband had to return home on the third day of our break and I went to ask for more milk. Jennifer offered to bring me breakfast to my room because I commented that I would t go into dining room on my own. That was a nice touch.

However, be warned the toilets and electric (saniflow) or similar and boy did you know about it when it was flushed. Also there were intermittent humming / buzzing sound coming from the bathroom throughout the night. Not good if your a light sleeper like me.

Very close to Bowness Centre, via lots of steps, views amazing and the patio is beautifully decked out with pots and an abundance of flowers.

All in all a nice place to stay. We would return but would prefer a larger room.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank LyndaJ0nes
Reviewed September 8, 2013

The Nagoya was totally great in the many ways already detailed in other reviews and the view from the patio doors was of course amazing, but having 'staff' took away the 'personal' feel, although obviously there was a lot of work to be done. Also it was really noisy at night - the toilet and water system made noises into the night, the sound of the fridge so close to the bed was noisy, you could hear people talking and my husband said someone was trying the door handle. The standby light on the tv started flashing wildly in the night but was fine the next morning. I didn't sleep very well most of the time and the bed was quite hard and took some getting used to. Hardly any of the reviewers has mentioned some of these things which mystifies me. Everyone was friendly, helpful and kind. The views and breakfasts were really great.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank MaisyDaisy22
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Stayed at the Nagoya Country House on the 27th & 28th August , the rooms and views are really nice, you were made to feel really comfortable by Jennifer and Trevor and the breakfast really good, I wouldn;t hesitate to stay here again, great location. Lynn & Paul

2  Thank Lynn2382013
Reviewed September 2, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Nagoya for 4 nights on our first visit to Windermere. I booked it on the website and really pleased I did. The room was lovely and very clean. Breakfasts were served at a reasonable time and the choice of food was very good. Service was excellent and the staff very friendly. We would recommend this B&B to anyone and will certainly return the next time we are up that way.

2  Thank c00kie45
Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

We were made to feel extremely welcome here. My family and I shared the Rydal suite and nothing was too much trouble for Trevor and staff. Breakfast served to our room at our specified time. It was lovely too. The room was spotlessly clean and so so quiet. We will definitely come here again. Our children enjoyed swimming in the local hotel, 5 min walk away. The town was also 5 min walk and we had a lovely view of the lake from our veranda.
Thank you!!

• Stayed: August 2013
3  Thank Bigbluegirl
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Just returned from yet another stay at Nagoya, and can report that it was as good as ever. Great location and views, handy for town, quiet, lovely rooms, breakfast great, and Jennifer and staff very welcoming. Would highly recommend.

2  Thank velademar