“Lovely Food with enchanting decor”
Review of 80 days - CLOSED

80 days
Cuisines: American, Greek, Thai, British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed May 28, 2014

80 Days is a little further up the main street and was not therefore as crowded as some of the restaurants closer to the lake, but none the worse for that! This is a fairly new restaurant and has an open kitchen which enabled us to talk to the Chef, Sean, at quiet moments after our meal, which my wife and I liked. The menu featured dishes from around the world, and I wanted to eat them all. I chose tempura prawns to start, followed by grilled hake whilst my wife had a sirloin steak which my wife said was the best steak she had eaten in years. I finished with a lovely cheese board and my wife had tiramasu. We enjoyed a bottle of a light refreshing rose wine and I had a glass of house red with my cheese. All the food was very tasty, beautifully presented and both the food and wines were good value.
What not to like?
Well worth seeking out, but be warned - this is a smallish restaurant, so better book in advance.

Reviewed May 27, 2014

Service was dreadful. Seriously over priced. Took forever to arrive, 49 minutes and the restaurant wasn't too busy. Badly cooked cheap cut of steak in a baguette. Meat was chewy and whole meal was indifferent. Asked for no mayonnaise and was served a plate of jersey potatoes smothered in mayonnaise! Asked for glass if tap water, surely not difficult but never arrived. Would advise hungry travellers to avoid. Lack lustre disinterested service. Costly plate of Inedible food. Based in such a lovely place how can this restaurant get it so wrong?

2  Thank Ollygator
80DaysBowness, Manager at 80 days, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2014

Firsly I can only apologise about your experience.

Having only opened in february we have had teething problem. Unfortunatly your visit was at a transitional period. Vast changes have been made since your visit. We are fully aware of the situation and would urge you to please get in touch. we would love the oppourtunity to put this right.

I promise if you give us the chance you will be pleasantly surprised.

Many Thanks,

The 80 Days Team.

(please explain the situation and ask for Natalie)

Reviewed May 16, 2014

service slow but food very nice. Table was opposite the door so it was cold every time the door opened

Reviewed May 14, 2014 via mobile

Went to 80 days for lunch and had the newyorker burger and a few tappatizers with my girlfriend on Saturday an have to say it was brilliant was served by a young girl who seemed to be the owner that looked after us, can't wait to return again soon

Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

A very interesting restaurant with a relaxed and friendly atmosphere. 80 Days has only been going for a few months I believe, and they're still trying to establish themselves.
They deserve to succeed!
The food and service was first class. We thoroughly enjoyed the experience and would not hesitate to go back. Highly recommended.