Arrived for one night. Easy to find and parking whilst difficult was OK. Nice picture book website but found tht inside in parts the decoration was a bit tired. It is a bit of a rabbit warren inside and the accomodation stretches into adjoining buildings and this was our problem.
Our room (number 16) was almost over a local bar that because of the fine weather was a haven for all types of rowdy behaviour. As the night went on, more and more noise, breaking glass, cheers and smoking that drifted into our room. We had to switch rooms to avoind this noise. THe room was very clean and tidy but very small. THe bathrom was tiny and if you are over 6ft, you willnever be able to sit on the toilet as your kneews would be jammed into the radiator.
Breakfast was good but again cramped. Again guests have to leave by 10.00am. Where is the customer focus? This B&B has all the attributes of being a good cosy place but the good old English sod the customer attitude and take the money rule survives alive and well.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Laurel cottage is under new ownership since March 2014 ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Agoda and Booking.com so you can book your Laurel Cottage B&B reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Laurel Cottage Bed And Breakfast
- Laurel Cottage Hotel Bowness-On-Windermere
- Laurel Cottage B&B Bowness-On-Windermere, England - Lake District