Laurel Cottage B&B
The Burn How Garden House Hotel(Bowness-on-Windermere)
$148
Windermere Hydro Hotel(Bowness-on-Windermere)
$92
$78
  • Pool
Laura Ashley Hotel The Belsfield(Bowness-on-Windermere)
$224
$183
Linthwaite House(Bowness-on-Windermere)
$227
Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa(Bowness-on-Windermere)
$258
Agoda.com
Cranleigh Boutique(Bowness-on-Windermere)
$178
$172
All reviewsperfect locationsteep inclinecar parkfull englishtwo nightsmcdonald hotelweekend breakfriendly ownersbiscuitswarm welcomeboth morningsbars and restaurantsbreakfast was deliciouscouldn't do enoughmy partnerperfect staytwo night stay
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Just returned from 2 nights at the laurels cottage, we could not fault this b&b.Everything was very clean,lovely breakfast.The owners and all the staff were very friendly and helpful.How people who have written a review can say the hosts are rude we dont understand why. Laurels cottage is only stones throw away from the lake.

Room Tip: If you need a quiet room ask for the rooms away from the road.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
8  Thank edwards01284
jasonandyui, Owner at Laurel Cottage B&B, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

Hi,
Thankyou so much for reviewing your stay with us here at Laurel Cottage Bowness. We are genuinly happy your stay met with your expectations. Having "Genuine reviews" like yours makes it all worth the hard work we all put into Laurel Cottage Bowness, and perhaps helps other guests or potential guests decide weather to stay (Unlike fake ones from Other B and B's In this area like the one below this one, or the 2 below headed Payment beware" or "Agressive Host" which are both written by people who never stepped foot into Laurel... That would answer your question as to why people would write such things!! Its the problem with this review site itseld--anyone can write on it!!)
Many thanks and we do hope to see you again soon,
Jason, Yui and the Team

Reviewed June 17, 2013

Me and my husband stayed here on the 14th and 15th ofJune 2013, we stayed in room 10 which was spacious. It had a small fridge was extremely useful as we brought some wine with us it chilled the wine to perfection. the room was spotlessley clean.They served breakfast in this room, dont know how they mamaged to carry it up the stairs without spilling anything. My husband had the full english, which he said was the best he had had in any guest house ot hotel he had stopped in, i had the vegetarian which was excellent. the room was a little noisy but you have to accept that if you want to be so close to all the to the pubs and places to eat it didnt spoil our stay and we would definately stay here again

Room Tip: we stopped in room 10 which had a four poster bed a sette a small fridge a table and chairs by the window. this was at the front of the building
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
7  Thank lindyloo59_11
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Just had a fab weekend in bowness guest house great staff lovely room spotless right in the centre great pubs and nice places to eat had a lovely time will use this laurel cottage again breakfast lovely never had any problems will be back soon

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank brleigh
jasonandyui, Owner at Laurel Cottage B&B, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2013

Hi there,
Thank you so much for such a wonderful review and taking the time to log on and write it.
We are always happy to recieve REAL reviews from people such as yourselves and not from people who are worried locally that i am about to Launch The Porthole Eating House @ LAurel Cottage end July 2013. I am talking of local restauranteurs who know this will be a huge success as was th Porthole on ash street bowness when i used to also own it.
Many thanks and we do hope you come stay soon.
Sincerely
Jason and Yui

Reviewed May 27, 2013

Please bear in mind that if you book here full payment is taken from your account as you arrive. I received a receipt for payment for my whole party when I asked for the bill when we had our final - not very pleasant - breakfast. So I had paid for my friends without my knowledge. I have reviewed the 'policies' as the host liked to call them and there is nothing to indicate that this would happen. Luckily my 'debit' account had enough in to cover the bill. The receipt said 'customer not present' - which I was. When this was questioned the 'gentleman' was extremely aggressive and rude. He pointed out all our 'misdemeanours' as guests in his 'home'. To which I pointed out that we had paid quite a lot of money to stay in his 'home'. I haven't slept properly since and am considering whether to contact the local tourist information centre. There were some nice things, but he spoiled it. Luckily we had stayed with lovely people the other nights of our holiday.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
9  Thank Juani56
Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

The host, Jason, was unreasonably aggressive verbally towards us. Jumped toward unfounded conclusions. I've never experienced a hospitality host overreacting like he did. His staff appeared nervous. The rooms were small. The food was ordinary and not well cooked (tepid sausage & black pudding) disappointing. Wifi not available in room only on stairwell. Bathroom small. Something red on overmirror light cord looked like blood. Bathroom fan not working.

• Stayed: May 2013
9  Thank Theresa N
jasonjamesturner, Owner at Laurel Cottage B&B, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2013

Hi there,
I am terribly sorry I asked you to take off your muddy climbing boots when you had total disregard for my very polite request to take off all 6 pairs of muddy boots on your arrival.
I am sorry you felt this request was asked in the way you described, I genuinly thought i was being diplomatic (as i was certain that all 3 of you would have taken your boots off if you were walking mud on your own carpets).
As far as the breakfast, I am also sorry you experience was not like most other guests who we cook for here and that we won an award for.
Fortunately, most guests know what I am personally like, and know that every staff member has been here with me for what will soon be 3 years--speaks volumes i think.
I have an amazing high degree of customer focus, but i feel BOTH reviews you left are unfounded.