Please bear in mind that if you book here full payment is taken from your account as you arrive. I received a receipt for payment for my whole party when I asked for the bill when we had our final - not very pleasant - breakfast. So I had paid for my friends without my knowledge. I have reviewed the 'policies' as the host liked to call them and there is nothing to indicate that this would happen. Luckily my 'debit' account had enough in to cover the bill. The receipt said 'customer not present' - which I was. When this was questioned the 'gentleman' was extremely aggressive and rude. He pointed out all our 'misdemeanours' as guests in his 'home'. To which I pointed out that we had paid quite a lot of money to stay in his 'home'. I haven't slept properly since and am considering whether to contact the local tourist information centre. There were some nice things, but he spoiled it. Luckily we had stayed with lovely people the other nights of our holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Laurel cottage is under new ownership since March 2014 ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Laurel Cottage B&B reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Laurel Cottage Bed And Breakfast
- Laurel Cottage Hotel Bowness-On-Windermere
- Laurel Cottage B&B Bowness-On-Windermere, England - Lake District