The property is in an excellent location a stones throw from the lake and the piers, the owners are very friendly and the breakfast is excellent, though I am not sure why it has to be served in your room when there is a perfectly pleasant dining room downstairs.
My only criticism, and the sole reason why I reduced it to a three star is the quality of the bed and the bed linen. When we are staying away from home, especially in a B & B the main purpose of the room is to sleep in it, unfortunately with this one we didn't get much sleep, the bed is a standard divan bed with another mattress on top of it, neither mattress is particularly good quality and the result is a significant sag in the bed and my wife and I sleeping very close to each other! (even though it is a king size bed). The bed linen is threadbare and poorly fitting meaning that most mornings we woke up sleeping directly on the mattress.
We wouldn't stay here again unless they have installed new beds and bedding, if they have done that, then we would have no hesitation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Laurel cottage is under new ownership since March 2014 ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Laurel Cottage B&B reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Laurel Cottage Bed And Breakfast
- Laurel Cottage Hotel Bowness-On-Windermere
- Laurel Cottage B&B Bowness-On-Windermere, England - Lake District