“Immaculate and with all mod-cons”
Review of Lingwood Lodge

Lingwood Lodge
Reviewed September 5, 2013

It is difficult to find any fault with the Lingwood Lodge B&B - the staff were very welcoming and helpful, the room bright & comfortable, with TV & DVD player, iPxx dock/radio and fast internet access (free). We were even given a lift back to Windermere station on the day of our departure. We would certainly return when next in the area.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Having read the reviews and being recommended by a family member I was expecting my stay to be more than pleasant, however that was not the case.
The walls appeared to be made out of paper they are so thin, I stayed with my partner (on her birthday) and we felt we had to whisper every time we spoke.
Conversations could be heard clearly from the room next to us and the room above.
As the time came to go to sleep and the TV was turned off, I could hear a gentleman snoring fairly clearly and another TV on elsewhere in the building. I feel that for the price I paid for the room, I shouldn't have to be disturbed like this.
I have slept in A LOT cheaper BnB's in Blackpool and have not been faced with this problem before.
I had only managed 5 hours of sleep as I was woken by a loud rumble that appeared to be the pipes in the wall as someone had turned a tap on.
I was very unhappy to say the least!
We both went for breakfast, half asleep, and had a really nice Full English, this is the only reason why my review is given 2 stars.
When we left in the morning we weren't even asked how our stay was, even a small touch like this isn't much to ask for!
We had planned to go round Windermere during the day but went home early as we were both too tired.
Overall I was thoroughly disappointed with my stay, and will not be recommending this to anyone.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Ath3rs
lingwoodlodge, Owner at Lingwood Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2016

Sorry to hear that you had a poor night’s sleep in 2013, usually it very quiet and peaceful at Lingwood Lodge as per our other reviews. I can inform you that the owners have changed since you stay and we, the new owners, hope you give us another try..

Reviewed August 28, 2013

We arrived to a very warm welcome and were made to feel very much at home. We had two rooms, one for my husband and I and one for a friend, both rooms were very nice and there is also a lovely and comfortable guest lounge. We had super weather and sat outside in the sun. The breakfast was also delicious! Only a 5 minute walk from the pier and the lakeside town. We were recommended a lovely Italian restaurant for the evening and after a boat ride on the lake had a great meal, all in all a beautiful place and a super B&B to stay.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

Lingwood Lodge is among the best B&B we've been to of all times. It's located just behind Windermere ferry pier, up on a small hill where we can easily park our cars.

The room is simply AWESOME!! A individual villa with large garden and table and seat, you can just have a coffee in front of the B&B and enjoy beautiful views of lake district.

We arrived in a rainy afternoon in early Aug, with a warm welcome from Judy. She introduced to our room (actually they've just 4 rooms) as well as some recommendations of nice restaurants in the town, which turned out to be very decent choice. Our triple room is located on group floor, with view of floweres, forest and sunset, and a bit of lake.

Breakfast is another highlight of this place! The host highly customized for each of their guests, and the breakfast dining room is quite lovely. The settings, dining dishes are also well decorated and felt at home. We met three other tables who stayed in Lingwood Lodge as well and we all felt sensational of this place!

In our 2nd day of the stay, we went our very early in the morning, when the town hasn't waked up yet. Just 5min walk down the hill, you'll see beautiful swans, silent lakes and many others. At night you may also walk around the place, which is extremely quiet and beautiful, with shining stars up on the sky.

It's very convenient to drive there, but if going their by train, you may have to walk a bit from Windermere railway station. Thanks Judy for giving us a perfect stay in Winderemere and we will definitely be back next time if visiting Lake District!

Mike

Room Tip: Triple room is the room on your right hand when entering the lodge. It's located on ground floor...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Mike B
Reviewed August 14, 2013

After a heavy going couple of days work staying here was a perfect pick me up. The owners are lovely. Everything about our stay was fantastic. Bed, cleanliness, attitude, service, room and food. It was all good. Puts much bigger establishments in the shade. In fact they should learn from the lingwood lodge because they really do it well. Thank you for a lovely stay. We will definitely be returning.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Bezzie Mates on Tour Part 3,was a huge success. Left the trawling of accommodation to 'Alan Whicker' and he didn't let us down, what a gem of resting place he found. 'Four in a Bed' would struggle to find anything wrong with this gaff, it was immaculate! Our room had a comfortable bed and pillows with pristine 'hotel' bedding. Light and airy en-suite with toiletries and fresh towels daily. Views from the window...beautiful. The proprietors couldn't have been more helpful, always on hand ( they even gave us bread to feed the ducks) It was a pleasure to eat in the stylish dining room, in fact I think our lass might be stealing a few ideas for her house! The smoked salmon on toast was delicious as was the full English, and if you didn't want cooked there was ample other choices. Only a stones throw away from the lively Bowness. Would certainly return but I doubt they would have many vacancies when people read the reviews, that's why I'm keeping it top secret!

Reviewed August 7, 2013

Stayed at lingwood lodge with our friends on our annual get together, it was the icing on the cake of a fantastic couple of nights chill out. The staff are very welcoming and warm, it has a very homely atmosphere. I thought our lass was house proud but this place takes the biscuit. If I had searched all day I would not have found one single spec of dust. I love it when you come across little gems like this.the breakfast was spot on and cooked to perfection and just what you needed after a night on the tiles in a very lively bow ness. We hope to visit again it was brrrrrrrrrill.

Room Tip: Just take what you get all the rooms are top quality