“Enjoyable Meals with Excellent Service”
Review of Shahib's

Shahib's
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Scenic view, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Welcome to the Shahib's tripadvisor page. We are a bespoke Indian & Bangladeshi restaurant, our style of cooking is that of Bangladeshi/ Indian homemade feel. We use the freshest spices and herbs along with the tenderest meats to create our unique, fresh and bespoke dishes. We are situated upstairs above the arcade in the heart of Bowness on Windermere. Perfect view of the much appreciated picturesque town center . We can cater for large parties as we have a seperate dining room aswell as our main dining area for 60 covers, be it 8, 10 or 30. We can accomadate without a problem. Our seating arrangements give ample space for customers not tight fit or cramped. Aswell as dining in we offer a takeout service with 30% off total bill.
Reviewed June 3, 2014

We chose this restaurant after consulting Trip Advisor and we made the right decision.
Right from being greeted by the young, knowledgeable owner Jak as we entered the place, the service was amongst the best that I have experienced. Both our meals were really delicious and the recommended wine was very quaffable, all at a reasonable price.
The mini shop arcade entrance to the restaurant does not reflect the true size of the place so do not let that put you off. We certainly recommend it.

Reviewed June 3, 2014

Best Indian food we have eaten for some time, The service and friendly staff are impeccable, You can tell this Restaurant is owned and run by the same family it shows in the quality of the food, We tried this Restaurant on a number of times and the food was quality every time,My Son and his Wife who are from Colorado were very impressed by this Restaurant.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Followed up on previous reviews can only endorse their comments,best meal we had in Bowness
And we did try a view.Excellent location good friendly service food was really tasty obviously they have a chef who takes pride in his cooking,and I think Jak also is proud of his restaurant.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Enjoyed being able to sit in the upstairs window and look down at the people wandering up and down the main street in the rain. Starter and mains were very good and plentiful. Draught Cobra was good value. Service was quite quick, so not a place to sit and dawdle, but overall very enjoyable.

Reviewed May 25, 2014

We ate at Shahib's twice during our four-day camping trip in The Lakes. The service was friendly but a little slow; they seem to work with minimal front end staff. The food was the best Indian food I've ever had in England! Bold statement, I know, but it's true.

Starters: The chicken chaat is fantastic. Spice level is great and the fried bread is a lovely accompaniment. The onion bahjis were okay; the serving is two largish pieces that can be shared and they aren't greasy. I don't like lamb, but I'm told the lamb kebobs are good. The garlic chicken starter was delicious, and just the right size!

Mains: I got the chicken tikka jalfrezi both times and was very happy both times. I love the fresh chillies! Otherwise, the sauce would have been too mild for me. I'm told the lamb tikka is a bit tough, but the regular lamb is nice and tender, so if that's a deal breaker for you, get regular lamb in your curry. The fish looked amazing, but unfortunately our friend didn't share--he reports the experience positively and with gusto. Portion sizes were generous and I had leftovers one night. The rice selection is AMAZING! Definitely try the egg pilau and the lemon pilau!! The naan bread was a little too dough-y for me, but some people will like that.

Drinks: The beer selection is okay; Cobra on tap and in bottles, Magner's cider in bottles. The wine selection is bare minimum with a choice of white or red, both very mild.

Negatives: You have to pay for poppadums and chutney. Rice isn't included with main dishes. Service will be a little slow if it's busy.

Other pros: They accept credit cards without chip and pin. Hooray for us foreigners! They are open late until 11:15pm every night. Atmosphere is great, whether it's crowded with families or mellow and quiet, and the view of the town center is lovely from the second level of the building.

Altogether, I am a huge fan. I will definitely be back.