“enjoyable evening meal”

Monsoons Indian restaurant
Cuisines: Indian, Balti, Asian, Eastern European
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: A lovely cosy restaurant tucked away in a little side street directly opposite Ruskins Inn Pub after the Royalty Cinema offering, Dinner Takeways & Home Delivery Service.DIRECTIONS: Walking up the hill from the lake, 2nd right immediately after the Cinema.
“enjoyable evening meal”
Reviewed June 9, 2014

I have visited this small restaurant with my husband while visiting bowness. It was really great experience. I was not really big fan of the Indian cousine but my husband loves it. Although I wasn't really happy about going there at first I quickly change my mind. The staff was extremely helpful and made my dinner the way I really enjoyed it. It was really nice and tastefull and not even extremely spicy as I don't like chillies and I am fussy about creamy and milky dishes. I recommend this restaurant to people who want to have nice dinner with great company.

“Lovely meal”
Reviewed June 8, 2014

Stumbled across this place, went in, it wasn't busy but the food was fantastic. Friendly staff, and clean. Would definitly go again, don't walk past it!!

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Great food”
Reviewed June 4, 2014

Nice food and excellent service give there new restaurant a try lake raj very good with great food
and staff

Dallas, Texas, United States
“Nothing special...”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

The service was good and fast but the food was not anything special. We had Chicken Korma and Chicken Buhna (even though I wanted the lamb but was not asked...) And they were just not that flavourful. I would not go here again.

Visited May 2014
monsoons i, Public Relations Manager at Monsoons Indian restaurant, responded to this review, June 7, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a feedback. Our chefs have over 30 years in experience cooking authentic indian food and we are surprised that you have commented that our food was not to your liking. We have numerous returning customers who find our food cooked to exceptional standards , at the point of receiving your meal if you wanted lamb instead of chicken you should inform the waiter and we would have provided you with lamb. We look forward to seeing you soon
uk
“excellent little gem”
Reviewed May 19, 2014

great food, excellent service; up a side road so not somewhere you would usually stumble upon but very glad that we gave this restaurant a try

Visited May 2014