“Love this place ”

The Boathouse Bar & Restaurant
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Boathouse Bar & Restaurant is located at Windermere Marina and is open to the general public. Serving breakfast from 9am, food is served all day with last orders at 9pm. The bar is open until 11pm.
Reviewed June 4, 2014 via mobile

Eaten here a few times and always enjoyed everything I've had! The pizzas are huge and very tasty, I love the spicy pizza and it's never a problem when I ask to add some rocket on the top. The restaurant has a lovely layout, I love sitting outside when it's warm enough and lucky enough to grab a table. Would definitely recommend, and it's a nice little walk around cockshott point to get there from bowness too!

1  Thank megan_lizzy

Reviewed June 2, 2014 via mobile

I agree with recent reviews - lovely staff but it's all too slow and they do seem to keep getting the order wrong . As a berth holder on the marina it's disappointing

Reviewed May 30, 2014

Love it here, recently been for a meal which was lovely and well priced; for afternoon drinks and snacks on the verandah and for breakfast which was great! We'll be back again soon.

1  Thank Sarahqemg
Reviewed May 26, 2014

Not greatly impressed with the service. Who only puts one person behind the bar ona bank holiday for starters? Food order clearly miss laid, which happens from time to time I accept. But I would have more respect if they admitted it rather than pretend otherwise and argue with me after serving half cooked fries and pizza 1hr15mins after serving a starters and deeming it normal service when they are busy. Perhaps they only have obe person in the kitchen too!. Credit where it is due, they did take yhe pizza off the bill, but only after I asked. Not impressed, which is a shame given the fantastic setting. Complacency given a captive audience perhaps.?

1  Thank Greg D
Reviewed May 15, 2014

Given that we are staying only feet away I really wanted to make use of the bar/restaurant but the property is a little sterile and soulless. Combined with £4.75 each just for a pint on our initial visit to check it out we wont be coming back.

A little more common sense on the pricing and I'm sure you would get significantly more trade from the self catering properties nearby.

1  Thank Nicholas m