“Divine little place”

Cafe Latte
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Even though I live in Windermere I didn't even know this place existed until I read the reviews on Trip Advisor. I am so glad that I went to try it today. If something is number one you hope it will live up to expectations - well this place exceeded them.

I visited with my mum and we were lucky enough to grab the last remaining table. The decor is lovely and fresh and the cafe has a cosy cottage-y feel. We were warmly welcomed and then left a short while to peruse the menu.

The food is utterly awesome! I had a brie and bacon sandwich which was accompanied by little pots of cranberry sauce and coleslaw and a side salad mixed with cous cous. The sandwich itself was loaded with bacon and brie. My mum had the ploughman's which she raved about. It consisted of pork pie, cheese, hard boiled egg, salad with cous cous, crisps, two little pots of homemade piccalilli and chutney and the softest white bread roll.

To drink I had a cherry hot chocolate which was absolutely delicious. I am a big fan of Whittards hot chocolate and this is the first time that I have seen it available in a cafe. I had never tried this flavour but it is now a favourite. Such a change from the usual Cadbury's.

The cake counter draws the eye as soon as you walk in and it would have been rude not to sample some of the delights on offer! Choosing was extremely difficult. In the end I had a piece of chocolate victoria sponge which was divine and my mum had lemon meringue. The lemon meringue had come freshly baked from the kitchen and it was a monster! The question was to eat it or climb it?!? The piece she was provided with was very ample. And delicious.

The two ladies in the cafe were friendly, welcoming and downright lovely and I think they have found two new regulars in my mother and I.

I would urge anyone to try this cafe - it is a little gem and having tried almost all the cafes and restaurants in Bowness I can confirm that it deserves it's place at No 1.

Reviewed June 13, 2013

Don't miss out visiting this little gem of a cafe. After reading the reviews, my sister and I added it to our 'must visit' list whilst in Bowness and it was a delightful experience. The positive comments written by other reviewers are spot on but, as there is no actual website, I can add a couple of bits of info. The Cafe is closed on Thursday and the tel no is 015394 43076. You may need to phone ahead to reserve a scummy quiche. Also, as well as everyone else, dogs are welcome. Needless to say we will be going again.

1  Thank Searcher21
Reviewed June 5, 2013

As in our title, this is a real cake lovers paradise that cannot be recommended enough. They even have an excellent choice for those with gluten intolerance and you would never know the difference from the standard of any of their delicious cakes.
The atmosphere is always warm and friendly and it keeps us coming back time after time.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

This cafe is run by mother and daughter, a geordie partnership full of politeness and comfortable surroundings.
The only down side to this welcome break is that it's not bigger to cope with the size of the cakes you get!!!!
We visited when they opened, the home made butter and jams and other home cooked goodies have made us go back each and everytime we visit the lakes, all the friends we have introduced agree...
Good luck girls, see you after my charity swim in two weeks as promised.
Neil and Cheryl.

Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

Great cafe loved the atmosphere and friendly service. Visited on a cold wet day, enjoyed friendly welcome and delicious freshly made lunch at a reasonable price, great quirky decor. Highly recommend a visit.