The Angel Inn
The Burn How Garden House Hotel(Bowness-on-Windermere)
$154
The Ryebeck(Bowness-on-Windermere)
$173
$151
  • Breakfast included
Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa(Bowness-on-Windermere)
$198
$139
Lindeth Howe(Bowness-on-Windermere)
$338
$207
Laura Ashley Hotel The Belsfield(Bowness-on-Windermere)
$215
$190
Linthwaite House(Bowness-on-Windermere)
$229
Priceline
All reviewsspecials boardbeer gardenreal aleopen firelovely pubevening mealmain buildingmy partnerlovely viewexcellent stayfull englishlovely roomnight breakbreakfast was excellentcar parkcouldn't faulthigh standard
Reviewed April 24, 2009

Oh how we love this place! I have not stayed at the Angel Inn, but everytime we holiday in the Lakes we go for a meal there.

The resturant is lovely and light and clean and the food is amazing! Really enjoy it. The plum tart is totally yummy!

After a day walking on the fells its just what you need, a comfortable Inn to rest up and good food to enjoy.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed March 3, 2009

This is the 4th stay at the Angel for my wife and I. This time we stayed in the family room (9) as we took our 4 month and 2 year old daughters with us. Upon arrival things where as good as normal with a great choice of food and drink sat in front of the open fire. The staff where very attentive and everything was going well. We booked our table for our evening meal and went off into Bowness for a walk round. For our evening meal, the service was not of the usual level. My wife's food was excellent as was my 2 year old daughters fish and chips. However, mine was the complete opposite. Poor, bland and overcooked started of Crushed potatoes (mash) balck pudding (poor quality) and poached egg (hard as a brick) with a mustard sauce (yellow cream). Main meal of braised beef was so sweet, I couldnt eat it. I told the waitress who informed me that she would ask the chef and come back to me. She never did. Upon retiring to our bedroom at about 9.30 as the kids where ready for bed, the noise from the rest of the pub was unbearable. Firstly, I had to go down stairs to ask the staff to turn off a tumble dryer next to our bedroom. Then there was a constant loud noise from our bathroom meaning the kids struggled to get to sleep. Then the bar staff taking the bin of empties across the car park was a horrendous noise. It has to be the worst nights sleep we have ever had. Noise horrendous. Breakfast was fantastic the next morning. Complained to the manageress and she changed the bill accordinly for us. So at least we didnt have to pay all of the money for this experience.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank markpwa8
Reviewed February 24, 2009

I took my boyfriend here as a surprise birthday weekend break. After reading the previous reviews I made sure that we did not stop in the gatehouse and instead booked room 11. The room was small with quite a small bed but fine for a weekend break. The biggest problem was the temperature, it was extremely warm all evening and like another reviewer there was no way to turn off the towel rail which was continuously piping hot. We ate at the restaurant one evening and the food was great with the only downside being that the portions were huge and there was no room to try one of lovely deserts they had on offer. The next evening we enjoyed having a drink in the very tastefully decorated bar area and decided to sample the local Thai restaurant which is a two minute walk away-which we would definitely recommend. All in all the inn has a good location, has a great little restaurant and is well priced (similar establishments appear to charge a lot more). One final thing, we took our laptop with us and found that some sites have parental control which apparently the boss has set up to the stop the staff surfing- very bizarre!

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 16, 2009

I stayed at the Angel with my wife for a short break over Valentines. Having read some good reviews on here, we were optimistic about our stay. On arrival, the car-park was very busy, but we were able to find a space. Check in was easy. We stayed in room seven which was very small and always too warm. The bed was too small for both of us and the pillows wafer thin. There was an old sash window that if you struggled long enough with could open to let some air in the room. A major downside was the constant generator sound that started by itself at regular intervals both day and night. This was very noisy and irratating, especially in the early hours of the morning. This was not half as bad as our first night though, when we were awoken by guests in a nearby room who were "at it" for over an hour, and then there was the horrific sounds of the woman concerned (Nice!). This was around 3am and must have woke most of the hotel. There were a few funny looks at breakfast time as everyone tried to work out who was responsible. The walls are paper thin and you can hear everything and everyone, including the constant door slamming. Ok if you are a heavy sleeper, if not earplugs are essential. The bathroom was seperated by the most bizarre folding door I've ever seen, which wasn't very private. The towel heater kept the bathroom warm at all times, although I couldn't find a way to turn it off when it got too warm. The rooms were cleaned daily. The bar was nice if not a little overpriced. Clientele was good. The food was overpriced; I would recommend eating out. Breakfast was good, but I would have been disappointed if I'd paid for it. We wouldn't stay here again but would go drinking as the bar had a nice ambience. The open fire and sofa is a nice touch.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mike B
Reviewed January 10, 2009

Stayed at this hotel four times now,always had a room in the hotel.However booked the gatehouse this time,mistake!. Found it dark and cold,especially the bathroom,it needs a major refurb!Room 1 is our favourite,spacious with lake views and a modern clean bathroom.The hotel is in a great spot and has parking which is a bonus in the lakes. We would go back,but would give the gatehouse a miss!

Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple