The Angel Inn
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Bowness-on-Windermere
See available hotels
The Royal Hotel(Bowness-on-Windermere)
Windermere Hydro Hotel(Bowness-on-Windermere)
Stags Head(Bowness-on-Windermere)
  • Breakfast included
Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa(Bowness-on-Windermere)
  • Restaurant
Cranleigh Boutique(Bowness-on-Windermere)
White Lodge Hotel(Bowness-on-Windermere)
View Hotel
Laura Ashley Hotel The Belsfield(Bowness-on-Windermere)
View Hotel
The Burn How Garden House Hotel(Bowness-on-Windermere)
Craig Manor Hotel(Windermere)
  • Restaurant
  • Pool
All reviewsspecials boardbeer gardenreal aleopen firelovely pubevening mealmain buildingmy partnerlovely viewexcellent stayfull englishlovely roomnight breakbreakfast was excellentcar parkcouldn't faulthigh standard
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 29, 2013

While in Bowness for the day. Myself and my husband were looking for a place to have lunch and The Angel Inn was recommended to us. When we walked in the fireplace had a fire going and the warmth was so nice, coming in from the cold. We chose a table right by the fire which also had a window with a lovely view of the town and mountains.
I ordered the burger and my husband had the fish and chips, both were lovely and HUGE portions, we were pleasantly surprised! The food and drinks were very reasonable priced. The staff were welcoming and friendly and if we ever visit Bowness again, would definitely stop to have lunch here!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 23, 2013

This was the first time we had stayed at this hotel and on arrival our first impression from the outside, was that it could do with some updating. The gardens were very pleasant but the hotel exterior and entrance lobby looked a little shabby. However, once inside the whole appearance of the hotel changed and for the better ! We were greeted by very friendly staff and any feelings that we may have made a wrong choice, immediately disappeared. There was ample room to relax around the bar area or outside in the garden. The room was a good size and very clean. But the best was yet to come..... We'd booked to have our evening meal in the restaurant. The food was superb ! In fact so much so, we couldn't bring ourselves to go anywhere to else to eat throughout our whole stay. Will definitely go back to this little gem.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

I have not had the chance as yet to stay at this Inn, but I have eaten here and it's absolute delicious! Best still I could take my two dogs in, what more could I ask?
The food is lovely and very well presented my hubby had a ploughman's it was huge enough for two ! It came out on a wooden narrow platter with proper cooked beef and ham nice cheese pickles and chutneys ! Even a basket full of bread and crackers , we were both well impressed defiantly one of the best ploughman's we had seen or like my hubby said tasted!
I had chicken and leek pie with mash and peas it was just as good , I can still taste it now yummy !
The drink is kept well too we had a few good lagers
Lovely bright airy atmosphere in the inn, I do believe they are at present refurbishing the Resturant , the Angel is a lovely place well thought out and great decor and like stated previous great as I could take my dogs in
Nice place to go anytime for a drink or a meal any time of day or night I'm sure you will always feel welcome .

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed January 15, 2013

We had lunch here after a very cold walk on the lake shore. The fish and chips was the best ever!! Have eaten here a couple of times and never been disappointed. Big plus is that they let our very well behaved doggie inside so we didn't have to freeze outside. Ten out of ten!

Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 13, 2013

My boyfriend booked the Angel Inn for us both during Decmber for my birthday after he had eaten here and been impressed a month or two earlier. We spent the day walking up Pike 'O Blisco in the snow then came back to the Angel Inn late afternoon. The rooms were lovely, very clean and cosy. The shower was really good and very welcome following the cold walk.
In the evening we booked to eat in the restaurant and had some pre-dinner drinks in front of the log fire. Dinner itself was again of a very high standard, I had the fillet steak. The breakfast the following morning was one of the best I have sampled at a bed & breakfast. We are looking to book again for my boyfriends birthday later this year.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple