“Pleasantly surprised !”
Review of The Angel Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bowness-on-Windermere
The Angel Inn
Reviewed January 23, 2013

This was the first time we had stayed at this hotel and on arrival our first impression from the outside, was that it could do with some updating. The gardens were very pleasant but the hotel exterior and entrance lobby looked a little shabby. However, once inside the whole appearance of the hotel changed and for the better ! We were greeted by very friendly staff and any feelings that we may have made a wrong choice, immediately disappeared. There was ample room to relax around the bar area or outside in the garden. The room was a good size and very clean. But the best was yet to come..... We'd booked to have our evening meal in the restaurant. The food was superb ! In fact so much so, we couldn't bring ourselves to go anywhere to else to eat throughout our whole stay. Will definitely go back to this little gem.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

I have not had the chance as yet to stay at this Inn, but I have eaten here and it's absolute delicious! Best still I could take my two dogs in, what more could I ask?
The food is lovely and very well presented my hubby had a ploughman's it was huge enough for two ! It came out on a wooden narrow platter with proper cooked beef and ham nice cheese pickles and chutneys ! Even a basket full of bread and crackers , we were both well impressed defiantly one of the best ploughman's we had seen or like my hubby said tasted!
I had chicken and leek pie with mash and peas it was just as good , I can still taste it now yummy !
The drink is kept well too we had a few good lagers
Lovely bright airy atmosphere in the inn, I do believe they are at present refurbishing the Resturant , the Angel is a lovely place well thought out and great decor and like stated previous great as I could take my dogs in
Nice place to go anytime for a drink or a meal any time of day or night I'm sure you will always feel welcome .

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed January 15, 2013

We had lunch here after a very cold walk on the lake shore. The fish and chips was the best ever!! Have eaten here a couple of times and never been disappointed. Big plus is that they let our very well behaved doggie inside so we didn't have to freeze outside. Ten out of ten!

Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 13, 2013

My boyfriend booked the Angel Inn for us both during Decmber for my birthday after he had eaten here and been impressed a month or two earlier. We spent the day walking up Pike 'O Blisco in the snow then came back to the Angel Inn late afternoon. The rooms were lovely, very clean and cosy. The shower was really good and very welcome following the cold walk.
In the evening we booked to eat in the restaurant and had some pre-dinner drinks in front of the log fire. Dinner itself was again of a very high standard, I had the fillet steak. The breakfast the following morning was one of the best I have sampled at a bed & breakfast. We are looking to book again for my boyfriends birthday later this year.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Stayed for two nights in January, the room was exactly what we wanted! Very clean and lovely decor! Shower was amazing! Ate here both nights, food was delicious! Was good food, presented beautifully but without the expensive price tag! We were pre warned about the refurb work to the restaurant although didn't affect us whatsoever and look forward to seeing the new restaurant. Staff very friendly and attentive. Will be back if ever in the area!

Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 6, 2013

My husband and I were so impressed when we ate in The Angel on 30th December 2012 that we booked for 12 of us to go on Friday 4th January for my mum's 60th January. The food was amazing- again, something for everyone, young and old and to everyone's tastes, and the service was smashing. The staff were so helpful, waiting for a late member of the family and even offering to take photos of us all outside the front door of the restaurant at the end of the meal without us asking. We're recommending The Angel to all our friends and family who love The Lakes!!

Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Having stayed in Windermere several times we are well aquainted with this hotel. It is easy to walk through the village and enjoy the area. We took a chance and arrived without reservations and they had a lovely room available for only 60 pounds including taxes/breakfast. Great price for a first class hotel

Room Tip: ask for a room with a view - quite stunning - it had just snowed and looked great