Yes room 5 had a cracked window pane!! in the bottom sash window that moves!!!!! but this did not detract from the excellent hospitality given by Karen, Dan and their team. They certainly made sure we had everything we needed. The room was serviced every day to a very high standard, the breakfast was quality every day and Karen and her team made sure every aspect of our stay was 100%. Swimming, sauna (out of order at the time), jacuzzi and fitness equipment is available at the Windermere Hydro which is 150yds up the hill, no problem!! Car parking adequate if you can negotiate the steep hill. Well worth a trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a Cumbria Quality Assured Guest House in the centre of Bowness on Windermere overlooking Lake Windermere and the Langdale Pikes. 11 Of our rooms are en-suite and all have showers and some have a bath and shower. Several of our rooms have magnificent lake views and we are just a short walk to the many bars and restaurants in Town. Prices include breakfast for two. We have free on site parking with free WiFi. The current owner has been in situ for sixteen years and tries to make all guests feel relaxed and comfortable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Oakbank House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oakbank Hotel Bowness On Windermere
- Oakbank Bowness On Windermere
- Oakbank House Bowness-On-Windermere, England - Lake District