On arriving at the hotel there were no other cars in the car ark, but the spaces were very small and at funny angles - not a great problem though.
The welcome we got was quite indifferent, I think this was because we had arrived earlier than expected and I was made to feel a little guity abot this.
We were staying in a superior double which as a good size, but decor was very dated and bathroom was disapointing with a very weak shower.
The upsides of the property were the great location and stunning views from our room and public areas. The breakfast was also good with a good choice and generous portions.
Given the above this was an OK place to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a Cumbria Quality Assured Guest House in the centre of Bowness on Windermere overlooking Lake Windermere and the Langdale Pikes. 11 Of our rooms are en-suite. All have showers and some have a bath and shower. We provide free leisure facilities 150 metres away with a swimming pool, sauna, steam room multi gym and Spa. Prices include breakfast for two. We have free on site parking with free WiFi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Agoda, Booking.com and LateRooms so you can book your Oakbank House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oakbank Hotel Bowness On Windermere
- Oakbank Bowness On Windermere
- Oakbank House Bowness-On-Windermere, England - Lake District