This was our first trip to the Lake District but we have stayed in a number of other B&Bs all over the UK.
The owners, Ian and Christine were very helpful with advice on the area, places to eat and anything else you wanted to know.
Room was clean and tidy, having just been decorated and exactly as the picture on the B&B website. (we stayed in room 5). Good selection of information in the room including places to eat and walks of varying lengths. Room 5 is a second floor room and the shower was hot and of a good pressure. Breakfast included fruit juice, cereal, full english, tea, coffee, toast and preserves and there were a number of other options available.
There is safe off road private parking for you car. The B&B is about 10-15 minutes walk from central Bowness-on-Windermere, downhill all the way.
Would recommend this to anyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fair Rigg is a beautiful period guest house in Bowness on Windermere, where Richard and Christine provide high quality, comfortable and stylish accommodation. Relax and enjoy comfortable beds in well appointed, spacious rooms with Period features and all with large en-suite bathrooms, mostly with baths. Home-made breakfasts and a warm welcome await you in the lovely surroundings of The Lake District National Park. We have free private off-road parking on site for all guests, one space for each room. Special Offers always shown on TripAdvisor and on our own website. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz and Hotels.com so you can book your Fair Rigg Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fair Rigg Guest House Hotel Bowness-On-Windermere
- Fair Rigg Guest House Bowness-On-Windermere, England - Lake District