What a beautiful house for a B&B.! We stayed for a week in June. Well appointed big rooms with en-suites. We liked the easy chairs and table and with plenty of room you never feel that you are cooped up. very comfortable beds. The front and side rooms have very good views over the countryside towards the lake. The breakfast room is very nice with tables by the windows. Ian serves up great breakfasts.
The small problem of having to walk into town is compensated by ample parking for cars at Fair Rig, something that is not always availlable at B&Bs in town.
A good day outing without the car is to walk down to the ferry at Windermere, and take the ferry across to catch the Mountain Goat up to Hilltop and Beatrix Potters House. Then return via the footpath..downhill, to the ferry and walk back to Fair Rigg.
We will certainly stay with Ian & Christine whenever we return to the Lakes.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fair Rigg is a beautiful period guest house in Bowness on Windermere, where Richard and Christine provide high quality, comfortable and stylish accommodation. Relax and enjoy comfortable beds in well appointed, spacious rooms with Period features and all with large en-suite bathrooms, mostly with baths. Home-made breakfasts and a warm welcome await you in the lovely surroundings of The Lake District National Park. We have free private off-road parking on site for all guests, one space for each room. Special Offers always shown on TripAdvisor and on our own website. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Fair Rigg Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fair Rigg Guest House Hotel Bowness-On-Windermere
- Fair Rigg Guest House Bowness-On-Windermere, England - Lake District