Travelling from Australia, we stayed for two nights in the middle of December this year. We were absolutely delighted with both the surroundings and the great staff. We dined in the bar both nights, as their menu was more to our taste than the restaurant, and the food was lovely,very nicely cooked and very reasonable. Very interesting history to the hotel, and we enjoyed the open fires and enormous xmas trees. The maître d' was just amazing( I think he was from Cardiff),with attention to detail and made our stay feel special. All of the staff were very friendly, helpful and made for an overall great atmosphere. The hotel is on the shore of lake Windermere which makes for some lovely walks, but you are also close to the attractions in town. Highly recommended! Would definitely stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 4 Star hotel, 30 bedrooms & 9 self catering lodges set in 17 acres of grounds on the shores of Lake Windermere with a Two AA Rosette award winning restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia, Otel, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Storrs Hall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Storrs Hall Hotel Windermere
- Hotel Storrs Hall
- Storrs Hall Windermere
- Storrs Hall Bowness-On-Windermere, England - Lake District