Prime, possibly the best, location on Windermere with south facing grounds sweeping down to the lake edge. Lovely C18th building with many original features in the comfortable and country house style public rooms. Relaxed ambiance, with welcoming and attentive staff. We arrived late for our three night stay and they happily produced tasty bar meals for us. We also ate in the (full!) restaurant on the Saturday night thoroughly enjoying the elegant food, which while a three course menu, also included two mini courses (amuses bouche). The portion sizes well judged so could enjoy all the subtle flavours and have room for the desserts. The menu offered interesting and surprising flavour combinations, beautifully presented which worked superbly. Also appreciated the chef is aware of the requirements of vegetarians, rather than being an afterthought token gesture. Yes, as others have commented, some of the décor in the bedrooms is a little faded - our bay windows being somewhat tatty, but the view over the grounds and lake more than made up for it. We note from the Manager's comments to other reviews they are planning refurbishment in 2014, which in our book would definitely make their review 5 star. We will return!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 4 Star hotel, 30 bedrooms & 9 self catering lodges set in 17 acres of grounds on the shores of Lake Windermere with a Two AA Rosette award winning restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Otel, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Storrs Hall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Storrs Hall Hotel Windermere
- Hotel Storrs Hall
- Storrs Hall Windermere
- Storrs Hall Bowness-On-Windermere, England - Lake District