“Love this pub...”

Hole in t'Wall
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 26, 2013

We return to this pub every time we come to Bowness and we normally get there twice a year. My boyfriend and I just love the oldy worlds feel, staff and welcoming, yesterday in the heavy snow we got a table right in front of the coal fire and I'm sure we were the envy of a lot of other people arriving after us who wanted to get a warm. We had a few drinks, enjoyed the soup with a roll and chunky chips and it was lovely.. We've also sat outside on a hot summers day and enjoyed listening to a guy singing and it was a great atmosphere.
It is pricey for drinks, a glass of wine and a pint cost us just short of a tender but it's worth it for this 1612 pub.....see you again soon.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Had the Old English feeling to the place, Roaring log fire and Stained Glass Windows. Friendly atmosphere and a very good selection of beers available. Well worth a visit and a 30 second minute walk from the Stags Head Hotel.

Reviewed January 18, 2013

It's one of my top ten pub's in England it really is - I love it. However, the food is 1980's pub food and thats not for me - sorry. A bit too 'English traditional', but the pub and staff are great.
And if you like traditional food you will not be disapointed.

Reviewed January 17, 2013

Lovely pub tucked away from the main area.
Cosy interior, worth a visit ater a day of hiking and exploring.

Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

I only drank here, so can't really comment on food or service. But you know it's a great pub as you walk through the door - it looks and feels great and is just the thing on a cold winter night. First impression further confirmed by a very respectable range of Cumbrian ales.

Decor is great in an odd kind of way, driven by an army of (chamber?) pots hanging from the ceiling and with all too lifelike taxidermic creatures peeking from walls here and there.

Looking at reviews before I went, I'd thought the New Hall Inn and Hole in the Wall were separate places - but both are in fact this place, which still has both names attached to it. Just in case anyone else was wondering.

1  Thank RoganJ