“Interesting old pub, not too sure of going back”
Review of Hole in t'Wall

Hole in t'Wall
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed December 29, 2012

My partner and I went to this pub on a recommendation from a couple of people we know. They mainly suggested it as we like our history and interesting pubs. The exterior is lovely and quaint, and the inside is full of trinkets stuck to the wall and ceiling. Its tiny though, I cant imagine a family sitting in there and having a meal, unless they sit outside which isn't practical in the winter.
We ordered off the lunch menu and got an open ham sandwich with chips. I cant fault it, wonderful tasty local ham presented beautifully. The rest of the menu was quite restricted though, i cant comment on full proper meals, but they didn't grab my attention from the menu. I think this pub would be better for a light lunch sat outside in the summer. Don't miss it though, at least go in for one drink and have a look at the decor!

Reviewed December 24, 2012

This is one of the nicest traditional pubs we've ever been to (and we're into our proper pubs!). Particularly as we visited in wintertime and the cosy atmosphere with the fires on was really welcome after a chilly days walking!

I really loved the decor and there was a great selection of tasty beers.

I was a bit disappointed with the food; had beef pie which was ok. It filled a hole but there could have been more meat, pretty sure the veg and chips were just bog standard frozen.

I'd say it's unmissable for the atmosphere and beer, but maybe eat somewhere else first

Reviewed December 12, 2012

Loved the atmosphere, the welcome, the people, and the beer! The food was brilliant too! So easy to locate and plenty of room outside for the smokers!

Reviewed December 11, 2012 via mobile

It's like going back to olden times in this really atmospheric old pub.

Great beer fantastic atmosphere

Loved it!

Reviewed December 10, 2012

was recomended and i was looking forward to the visit . i got the feeling it enjoyed its reputation but i found it to be grubby . the 'Stuff' hanging up (jugs,decorations etc) was dusty with cobwebs. my pint was not good . needs a good clean .sorry