On first impression, contacting this guest house and viewing the website, the place looks delightful! However, this is not the case at all!
The complicated cancellation policy should have been an indicator that many have stayed here before and have not been happy not to mention that payment before arrival and before actually seeing the room was requested!
The room turned out to be tiny - it was supposed to be a meduim room with views and turned out to be a tiny room with a bed wedged in it and the samllest bathroom I have ever seen! In short I felt robbed! Also slightly trapped too, as they had taken the money and we couldn't afford to stay somewhere else too!
The breakfast left a little to be desired but I do have to say that the owners are very plesant and endeering - though not enough to ever even think of going there again!
It ia also worthy of note that the small hill they describe is actually massive and involves a great deal of effort to climb!
To summarise, it was a rip off! Don't be fooled by the fancy pictures on the website - it's shabby and run down and unless you're paying top whack for the large rooms (which are mega money!) it's really not a pleasent place to stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- STUNNING VIEWS FROM YOUR ROOM: Blenheim Lodge B and B sits in the heart of the Lake District National Park and boasts spectacular Lake Windermere and fell views. QUIET LOCATION AND DALES WAY WALK: Nestled in peaceful countryside, our Lake District Bed and Breakfast adjoins National Trust acres, only a minute's stroll to The Dales Way Walk leading to 4 panoramic viewpoints. BEST OF BOTH WORLDS: Hidden at the end of a cul-de-sac, Blenheim Lodge is a quiet retreat tucked away from noisy main road traffic, crowds, and late night revelers, but only a 5-minute walk to the amenities and attractions of Bowness centre and Lake Windermere, offering the best of both worlds with relaxing accommodation combined with stunning views. COMFY BEDS: Guests can be assured of a restful night's sleep with our bespoke beds, most with deep pocket sprung mattresses topped with plump pillows and fluffy duvets. LOCAL PRODUCE: Blenheim Lodge serves quality hearty butcher-made sausage and bacon. A local dairy delivers fresh milk and eggs daily. MAKING THE MOST OF YOUR STAY: Blenheim Lodge is a Bed and Breakfast, but we are more than happy to act as concierge where we can assist. Feel free to ask help with transport, guiding for hikes and angling; romantic escapes; dinner arrangements; etc. FREEBIES: We offer 2 free local fishing permits and have outside taps for walkers and anglers to clean their boots, fish and fishing tackle! There is also free WIFI and a private on-site car park. SPECIAL OFFERS: Please contact us DIRECT for any special deals. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda and LateRooms so you can book your Blenheim Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blenheim Hotel Bowness-On-Windermere
- Blenheim Lodge Bowness-On-Windermere, England - Lake District