Hi, stayed at the Lodge in May 2013. The website is very misleading. The rooms look glorious when in fact they are small, tatty, dirty, and need refurbishing. We booked a room for £100 per night. The room was very small and the en-suite was a cupboard! We asked to be moved to another room and were told by the lady owner, we would have to pay another £10 because the other room was bigger...we refused and were eventually moved to the attic. Again, a very disappointing room. The road up to the hotel was a very steep hill. Disabled people be beware. Now for the breakfast....it was appauling; toast rack half fall, cheap floppy toast. Cheap orange juice, likewise the English breakfast. Very disappointing stay. Was booked for 2 nights, checked out after one night. On arrival, was not welcomed by the man owner - thought he was the handyman because on trying to gain entry to b&b; he shouted over "keep knocking"...someone will come out. Why did he not show us in as owner. Extremely unhelpful. Was cold too - heating not adequate.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- STUNNING VIEWS FROM YOUR ROOM: Blenheim Lodge B and B sits in the heart of the Lake District National Park and boasts spectacular Lake Windermere and fell views. QUIET LOCATION AND DALES WAY WALK: Nestled in peaceful countryside, our Lake District Bed and Breakfast adjoins National Trust acres, only a minute's stroll to The Dales Way Walk leading to 4 panoramic viewpoints. BEST OF BOTH WORLDS: Hidden at the end of a cul-de-sac, Blenheim Lodge is a quiet retreat tucked away from noisy main road traffic, crowds, and late night revelers, but only a 5-minute walk to the amenities and attractions of Bowness centre and Lake Windermere, offering the best of both worlds with relaxing accommodation combined with stunning views. COMFY BEDS: Guests can be assured of a restful night's sleep with our bespoke beds, most with deep pocket sprung mattresses topped with plump pillows and fluffy duvets. LOCAL PRODUCE: Blenheim Lodge serves quality hearty butcher-made sausage and bacon. A local dairy delivers fresh milk and eggs daily. MAKING THE MOST OF YOUR STAY: Blenheim Lodge is a Bed and Breakfast, but we are more than happy to act as concierge where we can assist. Feel free to ask help with transport, guiding for hikes and angling; romantic escapes; dinner arrangements; etc. FREEBIES: We offer 2 free local fishing permits and have outside taps for walkers and anglers to clean their boots, fish and fishing tackle! There is also free WIFI and a private on-site car park. SPECIAL OFFERS: Please contact us DIRECT for any special deals. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz and Agoda so you can book your Blenheim Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blenheim Hotel Bowness-On-Windermere
- Blenheim Lodge Bowness-On-Windermere, England - Lake District