Windermere Hydro Hotel
Lindeth Howe(Bowness-on-Windermere)
$350
$149
Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa(Bowness-on-Windermere)
$250
$242
Travelocity
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Cranleigh Boutique(Bowness-on-Windermere)
No availability for your dates from our partners
The Burn How Garden House Hotel(Bowness-on-Windermere)
The Ryebeck(Bowness-on-Windermere)
Storrs Hall(Bowness-on-Windermere)
  • Breakfast included
Laura Ashley Hotel The Belsfield(Bowness-on-Windermere)
  • Pool
Stags Head(Bowness-on-Windermere)
1,260 results
All reviewsjacuzzi and saunabit datedlake viewbreakfast was buffet stylelick of paintnew ownersweekend breakcourse mealleisure facilitiestea and coffeecouldn't do enoughtown centrefull englishlakes
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 1, 2012

I stayed at the Hydro for 4 nights in November 2012. Overall, I would consider the stay average. I found the reception staff quite rude a couple of times, but the bar staff and restaurant staff were very friendly and polite. The rooms were overly warm requiring the window to be opened and the toilet and bath had plumbing issues resulting in very large resonant sounds when they were used. The beds were not really comfortable either. The buffet style foods for lunch provided were nicely laid out but of a generic 3* quality, a hodgepodge of random nibbles and some hot food. It's nice though they have a games room with a full size snooker table and a ping-pong table (which are free and open all day), but the facilities are badly in need of repair. The swimming pool is great for a swim, but extremely chlorinated - it required me to have 2 showers over 2 days to get rid of all the chlorine. Overall, not terrible, but hardly a great 3*.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Jason F
Reviewed November 30, 2012

Stayed here many times before and reviewed the Hydro in May. Stayed there again last night with 3 friends and our stay was great.
Clearly, customer loyalty is a major factor at this hotel because I'm always upgraded to one of the premier rooms. This time was no exception because I was given the 'honeymoon suite' on the top floor. I had originally booked two twin rooms but we were all given a premier room each, with lake views/balconies. At the cost of £45 each for B and B this was excellent value. The hotel was lovely and warm and the welcome from the staff matched that. Reception staff were very friendly and helpful. My room (well, suite of rooms) was perfect. Massive bed, which was very comfortable and an even more massive wardrobe that you could live in! Pillows and quilt seemed almost brand new and were a pleasure to sleep on/in. The view from this room is superb...almost the length of windermere. The bathroom was small and did not have a window, but was spotlessly clean and there was plenty of hot water.
Slept like a baby that night and the next morning the breakfasts were lovely. Fresh fruit, cereal, toast, yoghurt, fruit juice and the usual 'full english'. It's a buffet-style so you can help yourself to as much as you like. The quality was excellent and nice and hot too but not dried out like you can get with bufet-style breaky's.
I've read negative reviews of this hotel and it's staff but in all the years I've been coming here, I've yet to have a bad experience. Will be returning again and can very much recommend this place. View from the front of the hotel is awesome!

Room Tip: Room 51 - the best in the hotel has excellent views of Windermere.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 29, 2012

the hotel was very quiet only a few guests what you would expect this time of year. we were given a room at the front of the hotel with balcony,(not used too cold).but the room was lovley and warm and was very big with seperate sitting room very clean and spacious. plenty of drawer space. we had an evening meal in with the price and was excellent. as were the breakfasts cooked to order very fresh and hot. a great stay in great location.

Room Tip: rooms at the front facing lake great view
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 27, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I got a 2 night stay and the 5 course meal with a voucher for a gourmet dinner as a Wedding Present. After pulling up at the hotel it was clean, friendly and over looking the lake.

Room had everything it needed tea, coffee making facilities, tv, chairs, wardrobe etc. bathroom was absolutely freezing! But the water was scorching so that made up for that. I love a hot bath. Bathroom needs modernising.

The dinner was lovely, wouldn't ever pay it full price though, had a lovely bottle of wine and ate out on the 2nd night we were here locally.

Bed was okay for comfort, pillows are soft and flat which is disappointing, and rooms are very hot! Didn't go in the pool as you had to pay £1 each for towels, which I don't agree on - just another way to make money.

All in all staff friendly, lovely place just needs modernising for the price they charge, Wouldn't pay at full price but would consider staying again with a voucher. It does the job. as we just wanted a room. Bowness on Windermere is lovely :)

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank marley1289
Reviewed November 19, 2012

Arrived at the hotel following a 3 hour journey, stood a good 5 mins for the receptionist to acknowledge me. Gave me the room key no advice where to eat in hotel or any of the facilities available. Room was lovely a bit skimpy on tea making facilities although extras could be purchased with proceeds going to a good cause. Overall good value for money would stay again but would not expect to be met by a professional receptionist.(This review is based on two receptionists).

• Stayed: November 2012