“Enjoyable place for kids and relaxing for parents”

The Fun Factory Bowness
More attraction details
Owner description: Recently opened as "The Fun Factory" Bowness. We are open every day from 10am to 6pm. Parents can relax on our soft sofas whilst overlooking magnificent views of Lake Windermere, whist your children let off steam in the soft play area. Cafe Dolce is also opened daily serving a variety of hot beverages cakes and snacks.
Malta
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Enjoyable place for kids and relaxing for parents”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

We took our kids there to enjoy themselves since they were bored of all our sightseeing and shopping. Kids were super excited to play there. They're quite happy even on a swing ad slide so this place was a godsend to them. We especially liked that there is a separate area for the younger kids since older kids can be a bit rough. The parents area is comfortable especially the sofas. The view of the lake is superb. The place is very clean which is good since crawling babies can pick up anything. Staff was a bit lethargic but maybe it's cause we went for the last hour and they were tired. Overall a good experience.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank twinnieMalta

48 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 78 helpful votes
“Great place to chill n let kids run wild!”
Reviewed May 30, 2013 via mobile

We visited on our last day before lunch. Kids loved the play area. Cuppucino was great and toilets clean. Receptionist was very friendly and it's a great place when u have time on your hands before travelling.

Lancashire
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Our little niece loves "the play place"”
Reviewed May 25, 2013

Well run and a good place for the children to run around safely.
Nice sofa area overlooking the lake and lovely hot chocolates. Well worth a visit.

1 Thank Betty7447
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Horrendous”
Reviewed May 16, 2013

I have just been kicked out of this place ! I took my 2 children in here as it had had good reviews and we were on the last day of our holiday , we went in and the lady at the desk wasn't very chatty but we all have our bad days so that's fine , we paid and signed in our 2 kids , we walked through and found the seating and took the kids shoes off so they could play -and off they went . Myself and my husband sat down then I ordered drinks etc , about 15 minutes in I went to the toilet and to check on the children and when I returned there was a member of staff asking my husband if my daughter had chicken pox , he quite rightly replied "no but she had had them a few weeks ago " at which point we were asked to leave ! I explained to the lady (whilst my daughter was with me so she could see what I was saying ) that my daughter had had them a few weeks ago and they were gone however she still had some scabs on her forehead as they had been quite bad on her face and she had scratched them a lot as she was only 2 , I also explained we had had her cleared by the doctor to return to nursery so she was defiantly fine ( I am a mum and I wouldn't take my daughter out to a play arm if she was infectious ) she said the rules say you can not come in if you have chicken pox , again I explained she no longer had chicken pox - you wouldn't stop a child coming in who had scabs on her from falling over , there were kids in there with snotty noses sneezing and coughing everywhere which they had no problems with and I understand if she had just got them or had blisters etc but this was clearly not the case. When I then said that we would leave she then told me it was ok for us to finish our drinks and food which we had only just got ? -I asked her why it was ok and she was happy for us to stay and drink and eat then leave ? To which she couldn't answer .
Needless to say all this would have taken was a bit of a polite conversation , observation and common seance from the staff but they seem not to have any of that ( if you actually looked at my daughter you could clearly see this was very old chicken pox )
I will not be returning this this place and now have very upset children !

5 Thank Simcat08
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Perfect for a rainy day”
Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

During our week long holiday in the Lake District it rained a fair bit so we needed a place to entertain our 3 yr old and 16 month old. The Fun Factory was perfect. I would say its great for 12 months to 8 years. The staff were very helpful and te entry prices for the girls were wry reasonable. Half the price of the places back home. The tea and snacks were good and also good value.

Visited April 2013