“Coffee and scones”

Cuisines: British, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 30, 2014

Called in today having read the many good reviews.
We both opted for scones. With cream. A real treat was the offer of different jams which as my other half has an aversion to strawberry was lovely. may I say however that I had the strawberry jam & it was delicious.
The owners were pleasant and courteous. The lattes were lovely.
Did seem a little expensive at nearly £12 for the 2 coffees & scones but very nice.
Well worth a visit.

Reviewed July 30, 2014 via mobile

Very nice little place. Welcoming staff, free juice for kids, little basket of toys for them to play with and lovely homemade cakes/scones. My children had tomato and pesto soup with a bun (apparently delicious), lemon cake (apparently fantastic!). My friend had a toastie which came with a lovely fresh salad and homemade coleslaw and crisps. I had a Greek salad which was delicious! I asked for plain balsamic vinegar or glaze as I don't like oil or dressings so the Chef ran straight out and bought some! Lovely owner/chef who made us feel very welcome and nothing too much trouble. Took some carrot cake and a fruit scone home as was too full and they were delicious too (although was surprised that take out was no cheaper than eat in).

Reviewed July 29, 2014

We were tempted in by the sign " come in and av a proper brew" in the window, so we did and weren't disappointed. a generous pot of tea for tea, served in lovely china, and a toastie for me, handmade burger for my sis. All served with lovely side salads and home made relishes and red cabbage coleslaw.
Very friendly welcoming staff who took the time to have a chat whilst taking your order.

Reviewed July 28, 2014

Delicious food, wonderfully yummy cakes and most of all fantastic staff who are friendly, helpful and kind. Will be back again soon.

Reviewed July 27, 2014

it was my first visit to this delightful little tea room. Lovely family friendly atmosphere, fabulous service, delishious range of cakes beautifully displayed, loved the china tea cups & teapot. Lovely presented food, generous portions, definately going again & recommend to anyone visiting the area to call in